Has anyone started studying for Tuesday?? (1 Viewer)

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
Yeah, I began tonight for a bit, with some social and ethical issues.....BORING!!! But then pretty much the whole software course is except for the hardware topic.

How prepared are you people feeling for Tuesday?

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
Yeah i'm feeling really under prepared.. It's as if i've done nothing all year when I compare software with my other subjects..

btw awesome user title "physics is phun!" lol Ricky Wong from We Can Be Heroes? great show.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I should be alright for it.... I haven't really studied much for it, because I've got Maths Exams on bloody either side of it! :burn:

HSC
yea, i'm with wm abusef on this. Math exam is my focus as well. Software is one of those exams which studying a week or a day, you could still do alright, if you know what your doing (as in if you have the mindset). Some of the hung chunk questions that involve things like algorithms, diagrams and coding checks are things that are normally built in to you, not something you can learn in a couple of days.

Good luck all in the SDD exam though, math is still main focus for me, but yea, i still hope to do well in SDD.

dunno04

HSC
wm_abusef said:
I should be alright for it.... I haven't really studied much for it, because I've got Maths Exams on bloody either side of it! :burn:
Lol
SAMe
SO Much test....and they are cram Together!!
Nooooooo
><

Dr_Doom

HSC
I have general maths and software on the same day xD

dunno04

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
I have general maths and software on the same day xD
lol.
I thought mine is bad enough.
URs is even better
haha
=D

HSC
just cause less than 2000 do it, doesn't mean it will rank you up any better.

Good luck though to those with math sdd math, or math sdd on same day. Be a big challenge for you guys, managing the mindset that is, like to jump from math to software and then back to math would be a pain in the rear. So would having to have both subjects in your head on the same day.

Probably one of the lucky ones, got math tomorrow, and then software day after, that's it. Have a whole week to study for legals, how lovely.

dunno04

HSC
The Gate Keeper said:
just cause less than 2000 do it, doesn't mean it will rank you up any better.

Good luck though to those with math sdd math, or math sdd on same day. Be a big challenge for you guys, managing the mindset that is, like to jump from math to software and then back to math would be a pain in the rear. So would having to have both subjects in your head on the same day.

Probably one of the lucky ones, got math tomorrow, and then software day after, that's it. Have a whole week to study for legals, how lovely.
Lol.
BUt it is hard to get good RAnk if it is not good Enuf.
BUt thx for ur luck!
=D

It wud be a pain in the rear...but i think i can be ok...
I think.
xD

maskd

HSC
I'm starting my study RIGHT NOW, luckily we have all morning to study for Software as well :)

Social & Ethical Issues are a breeze, I just need to relearn all the common searching/sorting algorithms and have a brief overview as to how they work (this always bored the hell out of me). I have a feeling I'll finish at 2 hours, 30 minutes.

Also need to re-learn Evolution of Programming Languages, my whole class .. of 5 .. did A Sofware Developer's View of Hardware, and my teacher has only ever taught that option, so he was very lacking when he marked my trial mark, he didn't really know what was going on.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
maskd said:
I'm starting my study RIGHT NOW, luckily we have all morning to study for Software as well :)

Social & Ethical Issues are a breeze, I just need to relearn all the common searching/sorting algorithms and have a brief overview as to how they work (this always bored the hell out of me). I have a feeling I'll finish at 2 hours, 30 minutes.

Also need to re-learn Evolution of Programming Languages, my whole class .. of 5 .. did A Sofware Developer's View of Hardware, and my teacher has only ever taught that option, so he was very lacking when he marked my trial mark, he didn't really know what was going on.
Same, I've only started now proper SDD study :p

hmmm.... Don't u only need to know one of the Option Topics though? I haven't got a clue about Evolution of Programming Languages... I'm just making sure that I know Software Developer's View of Hardware back to front.

HSC
yea it's only 1 option topic. What's easier though? In my trials, i was looking at the hardware option, and it looked easier then evolution. But i donno, could of just been the cssa paper that made it look easy.

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
yeah, you're only supposed to be doing one option topic - hence the 'option' in front of it.... if you're thinking of doing both, they'll mark you for both and give you an average (i think) which could pull your mark down...

at least by this time tomorrow i won't have to think about those stupid searches and sorts ever again! yay :D

EDIT: sw dev of hardware is a lot better than evolution (well i think personally). evolution is more bulling on long paragraphs while sw dev of hardware is more to the point and is either you know it or you dont....

Last edited:
HSC
Only started today, and i'm realising just how much of the course my teacher didn't teach properly.

Whee!:bomb:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
help_me_please said:
yeah, you're only supposed to be doing one option topic - hence the 'option' in front of it.... if you're thinking of doing both, they'll mark you for both and give you an average (i think) which could pull your mark down...

at least by this time tomorrow i won't have to think about those stupid searches and sorts ever again! yay :D

EDIT: sw dev of hardware is a lot better than evolution (well i think personally). evolution is more bulling on long paragraphs while sw dev of hardware is more to the point and is either you know it or you dont....
My teacher has always told us that he teaches us the Software Developer's View of Hardware Option because generally in exams the questions are easier to answer and get marks in. Although this might be bad in terms of moderating marks between the two options, the Evolution option is a lot harder to get marks, and getting into the top range of reponses in SFVoH won't affect you much anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)