Has the Cold War begun again?? (1 Viewer)

Miffstaa

HSC
bigboyjames said:
wtf. you think i didnt know that you assshit. fuck your slow. your definition absolutely contradicts what is going on in the current global arena.
hahaha then phrase it better next time.

Vladimir Putin

HSC
N/A
bigboyjames said:
Vladimir Putin, what are your opinions on the shift from communism to capitalism in your country. is it a success? do you want to go back to communism?
That is a good question, one that I have often encountered. I find that both systems have their negatives, and this transition period has been quite difficult for my nation (as you might be aware). I am of the opinion that it will become a success in the hopefully not too distant future. I definitely do not see a reason to going back to the old system, as I have put in a lot of effort to get to where we are now. Even though growing up and living in the Soviet Union was not nearly as bad as some people have imagined.

Mikheil Saakash

HSC
N/A
You Russian pigs must not be allowed to fragment our great nation!

Regards, Mikheil Saakashvili
President of Georgia

Vladimir Putin

HSC
N/A
Mikheil Saakash said:
You Russian pigs must not be allowed to fragment our great nation!

Regards, Mikheil Saakashvili
President of Georgia
You are nothing but a political corpse, further argument from you side is useless as you have made the whole world aware of this on the 8th of august.

Is voting liberal 4 PM
HSC
The Russian "show" of its military strength, really showed that though it had new weapons its co ordination and implementation was grossly poor and that it would not pose a mass global war threat to the USA but rather the surrounding countries

U.S.A

Banned
HSC
Vladimir Putin, we beat u in the cold war. suck shit

HSC
Loll. Bored of Studies sure is good at attracting international figures to argue on their forum.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Lol at u.s.a. A pic of the middle east getting nuked and a pic of someone pissing on the israeli flag and she loves cock

The War Nerd

HSC
N/A
The Georgian conflict has been snowballing for some time and the breakaway provinces of Abzhakia and South Ossetia have been the flash points. But this is in no way a global cold war as we have seen in the past. America has thousands of troops training overseas and although they had 3 hummers and military aids stolen from Georgia when the Russians invaded (various sources) this is in no way a global coflict or reemergence of the Cold War. Neither country at the moment could really stand another arms race and constant stand off especially with the crippling Economic situaton.

For more on the conflict in South Ossetia - http://www.jeffhead.com/georgia/1-7.htm

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Trefoil said:
No.

Piss off.
Hey, I heard Russia is "exerting influence" in America's "backyard".
News of a Russian-Venezuelan deal for a Nuclear Reactor to be built with assistance from Russia in Venezuela.

Ofcourse Chavez has insisted it will be for peaceful purposes - but the U.S will look at this unfavourably.

Thoughts?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Dont forget Medvedev's Latin tour, where he's also visiting Brazil and Cuba
Even loaned Cuba something like 350mill US, on condition that they only buy Russian junk with it

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Hey, I heard Russia is "exerting influence" in America's "backyard".
News of a Russian-Venezuelan deal for a Nuclear Reactor to be built with assistance from Russia in Venezuela.

Ofcourse Chavez has insisted it will be for peaceful purposes - but the U.S will look at this unfavourably.

Thoughts?
I think that's a very foolish idea on Russia's part. They gain an ally in the short-term, but significantly increase the possibility of a rogue nuclear strike in the longterm. More nuclear capabilities around the world is never good.

I have no problems with Venezuela as a state attaining nuclear weapons. Well, except for the fact that I loathe nuclear weapons. But I trust Venezuela enough to adhere to MAD. They haven't expressed a burning desire to commit genocide, you see.

Brazil is going to be pissed, though. Actually, I imagine a lot of Latin countries will be.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Oh my!
Who said anything about nooklar weapons? Why would you trust drug infested, commie dictator Venezuela with them? Youre MAD, that's who. It cant be allowed. This would be Obama's Cuban missile crisis.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Oh my!
Who said anything about nooklar weapons? Why would you trust drug infested, commie dictator Venezuela with them? Youre MAD, that's who. It cant be allowed. This would be Obama's Cuban missile crisis.
Because it's a pretty sure bet that a state like Venezula will use it to develop nuclear weapons. Especially since they're already an energy superpower and oil independent.

zstar

HSC
N/A
America, NATO and Israel are trying to start a war.

They have a policy to destroy Russia and they tried doing from within but failed in their plot.

Now they're putting missile shields to intimidate Russia again.

That's why I advocate sending some missiles or nukes to Syria or Iran so that they will back off.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Trefoil said:
Brazil is going to be pissed, though. Actually, I imagine a lot of Latin countries will be.
Yes, that factor may be significant.
Despite all the investments Venezuela has made in regards to it's military, it was still greatly trailing behind it's Latin-American counterparts. Chavez developing nuclear weapons, which as you suggested is a real possibility, moreso than the alleged threat of Iran ever doing so, would give them more regional credibility.

IF as you suggested Brazil is going to be peeved by this, they would be willing to form a more secure alliance with whomever offers them the same or more. I don't see the U.S stepping up though. So this will likely be a strategic victory for the Russians.

What I suspect though is that there is another side to this. As you rightly pointed out, Venezuela is an oil producing country. What this can lead to is speculation. Speculation = Rise in oil prices. Rise in oil prices = more money and influence for Russia.

So whatever happens, this is another strategic victory for Russia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)