HAST test, in year 8 doing the test for year 9 (2 Viewers)

jiajin213

HSC
N/A
I was wondering what resources I could get for the HAST test. I'm looking for books with abstract reasoning, maths, and reading and if someone could give tips on writing, that would be awesome. I would like to know if it's like the selective test in year 6, and what is in the HAST test for especially chs and sgghs? :)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
First off, yes I made it into chs, however, I didn't go

When I did it, the writing was a creative
The maths/science was more science but it was primarily problem-solving (from what I remember, it was mainly circuit qs - I don't fully remember though)
For reading, you were given a stimulus (ie. poem, short story etc) and had to answer a few questions based on that

jiajin213

HSC
N/A

The maths/science was more science but it was primarily problem-solving (from what I remember, it was mainly circuit qs - I don't fully remember though)
For reading, you were given a stimulus (ie. poem, short story etc) and had to answer a few questions based on that
Thank you so much for this information, it will really help me :)

kkk579

hello
HSC

did u do entry into year 10 or 11? why were there circuit qs in the exam? i’m doing the hast this year and i’m worrying bcuz idk anything about circuits in science

by circuit qs is it these or smth else2AC199B2-AC02-46D2-BC0F-C45B9F57B086.png

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
I did it for entry into year 11 (the year where there are a few more spots open)

I think it was questions like that, and observing open/closed circuits

Selectivetrial

HSC
If you are looking for the best resources to prepare for the HAST test, I would recommend you to check out Selectivetrial’s question banks. Their papers are set by academic experts and they will give you the real exam vibes. You get familiar with the question format as well as the type of questions being asked. I gave my examination last to last year. The HAST exam is quite competitive and you need to have solid preparations to ace the test. There are four sections that you need to answer- mathematical reasoning, abstract reasoning, reading comprehension, and writing task. Each section has a set of questions that you need to answer within a certain time. As such, there is no particular book that you can refer to for studying and the reason is quite obvious. Questions are based on problem-solving and logical reasoning and it is mostly out of the curriculum that you study at school. So, you need to practice a lot of trial test papers. The mantra is to attempt as many questions as you can. Maybe you’ll get some of them wrong but you always have the option to check the answer. The aim is to practice as much as possible until you secure a 95% in the trial exams.

Hope I’ve been able to answer most of your questions. However, if you need more guidance on how to solve each of the sections, I would recommend you to check out this blog selectivetrial.com.au/hast-test-tips-and-tricks/.

jiajin213

HSC
N/A
If you are looking for the best resources to prepare for the HAST test, I would recommend you to check out Selectivetrial’s question banks. Their papers are set by academic experts and they will give you the real exam vibes. You get familiar with the question format as well as the type of questions being asked. I gave my examination last to last year. The HAST exam is quite competitive and you need to have solid preparations to ace the test. There are four sections that you need to answer- mathematical reasoning, abstract reasoning, reading comprehension, and writing task. Each section has a set of questions that you need to answer within a certain time. As such, there is no particular book that you can refer to for studying and the reason is quite obvious. Questions are based on problem-solving and logical reasoning and it is mostly out of the curriculum that you study at school. So, you need to practice a lot of trial test papers. The mantra is to attempt as many questions as you can. Maybe you’ll get some of them wrong but you always have the option to check the answer. The aim is to practice as much as possible until you secure a 95% in the trial exams.

Hope I’ve been able to answer most of your questions. However, if you need more guidance on how to solve each of the sections, I would recommend you to check out this blog selectivetrial.com.au/hast-test-tips-and-tricks/.
thank you so much this is really helpful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)