Hating Single Life... (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
yeah but i think i crossed the line when i started whining about how hard it is to find raspberry vinegar :eek:

and hahah yes you'll get places with the hairless back. :p

also re: 18, my answer would be no, however everyones views/"definition" of love differs, so not so much something anyone can answer definitively.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i havent spent alot of time being single. the majority of time in year 12 i had a girlfriend, then when i came to uni that ended and i was with another girl for four months preety much soon after
when that ended i had a few months being single then i was with az for something like 8 or ten months
then it was like a matter of weeks before i met my current girlfriend so yeh singledom isnt something i know alot about
that being said i didnt waste my time when i was single haha :p

the moral of the story is.... actually there is no moral, im 150% happy with the girl im with now and although it would be nice to still have the thrill of the chase and what not its not such a big deal as to make me want it over the awesome relationship im in now
oh actually yes there is a moral to the story. croatians are murderers haha :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I think there is a subtle difference between being single as in:

1. hooking up with hot people every weekend and enjoying the uninvolved, unattached party life,

and

2. moping around bars looking for someone to 'pick up' by telling them how awesome you are at cooking and do they want to see your etchings.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
i sort of wish i was single, but then again i don't.

all in all, my love life is very complicated right now.

Aslightissue

HSC
SamTan*06* said:
that is such a guy response 'take life by the balls' lol

and yea, I guess it is easy. I've been single for exactly a year this tuesday
It's not a 'guy response' at all, it's true. You can't just lie around and wait for things to happen to you. If I wanted to be in a relationship I would take a bath, take the dead cat off my head, start wearing more than a pair of jocks and go out and meet people, not lie around waiting for a nudist with a dead cat fetish to stumble over me.

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
Aslightissue said:
It's not a 'guy response' at all, it's true. You can't just lie around and wait for things to happen to you. If I wanted to be in a relationship I would take a bath, take the dead cat off my head, start wearing more than a pair of jocks and go out and meet people, not lie around waiting for a nudist with a dead cat fetish to stumble over me.
I was talking about the way he put it "take life by the balls" is a guy thing to say. But yes, I agree, go out and do something, or if you dont want to do that, think about something else. (as I said before)

501n2u

HSC
I actually enjoy the single life, it's so much more carefree and you don't need to worry/have your partner worry about you etc. I seem to always attract the over-protective guys -.-... but sometimes I miss having someone there to hug hahas.

proGENITOR

HSC
not many people TRUELY like being single.
I cant say I didnt hate it, I did, it bloody well sucked, however the fact is that the only way to stop yourself being single is to go out, meet new peolpe, and ask people you like out somewhere, and take the risk of getting turned down.

Good luck, however.

T-Boner

HSC
im really picky, so as a result iv spent a LOT of time single. put simply, id rather be single for long periods of time than being in and out of meaningless relationships.

i dont hate being single. it has that many benefits. i go out a LOT, which i dont think would happen if i was taken. during my adventures, it means i dont have to worry about regretting my actions - i.e who i meet, what i do with them, whos stomach i shoot tequila from etc...

however as most have mentioned, this sorta life lacks the emotional substance, which, unless your name is Tucker Max (www.tuckermax.com), youre bound to start yearning for. i guess im lucky in that i have a lot of close female friends who i kinda get this from, but still, its not quite the same as having a gf.

seriously though, dont HATE single life - take advantage of it. nobody likes a moper, theyr no fun. go out, get as pissed as you want, hook up with whoever (or whatever) you want and have no regrets. when you have a partner, sooner or later youre gonna miss the perks of being single, and you'll be straight back here posting another topic saying "i HATE being taken" (dramatization: may not actually happen) because you've just been to a Bollywood themed pissup and watched all ur mates take full advantage of the free booze and butter chicken then take home a drop dead gorgeous hunk of meat...

dont go through life regretting things. learn from your mistakes, just dont regret them

Leggy McLegs

HSC
I can't really say I hate single life. I haven't experienced being with someone (at all), so there's nothing to compare it to. I must admit, I do feel quite unhappy at the moment, and with a whole lot of stress building up (from uni - exams and assessments and being under pressure to do really well), I wish I had someone (like a boyfriend) to be there for me and help me take my mind off this crap (and make me feel better). I know, I could talk to my best friend, but she's having this wonderful single life with a shitload of guys chasing after her (yes, I'm jealous!), and she's already told me to "get over it" (about being unhappy and shitty, even though at the time I didn't say anything about myself, but she could see through me) and to go out a couple of nights and have a great time, but I don't even have time for that. Hopefully when exams are over (in a month), I'll be back to normal.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
I'd love to have the perfect relationship and I know what people mean when they say they hate being single because I'm not much of a fan either. But then I don't dwell on those things, I try to be happy with myself rather than needing someone to complete me.

Partners are good and all, but relying on someone to be your whole world is dangerous.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
croatians are murderers haha :p
*cries*

I think everyone wants what they haven't got.. I'm single so I want a bf.. I have a bf and it's stressing me out I wish I was single.. my hair is straight I want it curly etc.

It always seems to be a losing situation haha

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
uhuh. i love being single. like. no worries at all. but then i do know that some people who actually enjoy these little worries in life.

you dun have to be sweet. you dun have to talk to someone every single night outta obligations. the random flirts. the random fucks. yep. all good.

HSC
N/A
Ah, put me in the "damn it's good to be single" camp. Not that I 'take advantage' of singledom heaps, but it's a stress-free, selfish kind of living where every spare moment and spare dollar can go straight back to you for whatever you want to spend it on. No worrying about how your significant other is feeling, no worrying about communication issues, no worrying about whether you're wasting your time, no worrying about getting in trouble because you feel like being flirtatious once in a while. Singledom is such a powerful, effective eliminator of so many annoying and conflict-related "what ifs". :D

I suppose I'll change my mind when I meet the right guy, but I'm not going to sit around moping until that day comes along. Single and Happy baby! whoo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)