Hatshepsut - Officials Nobles (1 Viewer)

Chelle

I cant find much information on Hatshepsut and the relationship with Officials and Nobles, and of course the Amun Priesthood.

Plus the information i do have mentions Senenmut, is he a official? Could you bring that in the question (if theres one on this)

Any help, whether it be links, books, or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :confused:

dead_god

senenmut was hatshepsut's director of building, he directed the building of dier el bahari, her mortuary temple. he also disappeared a while into her reign with no metion about it with many different historians giving different resons, sorry you will have to find them yourself. some believed he was having a relationship with hatshepsut because he was made the tutor of neferure, hatshepsut's daughter. while others still believe that he was neferure's father.
the amun priesthood was the main support for hatshepsut's claim to the throne, because of their support she was able to claim the throne and hold it, eventhought there were many factions supporting thutmose III as well.

hope this helped a bit, i'll try to find some more stuff about other officials that supported her and track down the historians as well.

kimmy5

the two most important officials were hapusoneb and senenmut.
they had a variety of roles....

just go through ur class notes.... there should b info on them

Chelle

thanks people..

Yeh i can find little bits of information on them but i guess theres just not much evidence or something.
but thankyou very much.
GoodLuck in the exam.

inspired101

HSC
Hey if you want information then just look through the Pamela Bradley book "Ancient Egypt, reconstructing the past" It is very helpful and has heaps of sources, Also Antiquity 2 and 3 are very good for information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)