Hatshepsut... (1 Viewer)

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
I'm doing a study on the inscriptions of Hatshepsut. I cant find the ACTUAL inscriptions of things like the Punt and Conception scenes at Djeser Djeseru (Deir El Bahri, whatever), and stuff from her obelisks. I have the Speos Artemidos inscription in full, but it doesn't really hold as much important in my assessment task as the ones at Djeser Djeseru.

I've looked ALL over the internet, and not found much. If you can help, I promise to adore you forever. :):)

ab3434

HSC
Yeah, look in your text books, you will find alot of the information is gathered in there...the internet is somewhat useless at times..

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
try looking at university sites. some of the more prestigious english and american universities publish on their sites copies of the original inscriptions. im sorry i cant remember exactly which ones were doing it, it's been a while. otherwise, try a good textbook

jabbie

HSC
ok ive got my Studies in Ancient Egypt book periods and personalites

is what we recieved as our text book

a big section on hatshepsoup

a cartouche with her birthname : HATSHEPSUT " FOREMOST OF ALL NOBLE LADIE"

THEN one of her throne name " MA" AT-KA-RE " TRUTH US THE SOUL OF RE

this book has various scenes eg her coronation , which is found on a collonade at deir el bahari

"AS THIS YOUR DAUGHTER HATSHEPSUT IS LIVING , WE GIVE HER LIFE AND PEACE, FOR SHE IS YOUR DAUGHTER OF YOUR FORM, THE PERFECT ONE WHOME YOU HAVE BEGOTTEN.
WHEN SHE WAS STILL IN THE WOMB OF HER MOTHER, ALL LANDS AND COUNTRIES WERE IN HER POSSESSION. ALL THAT IS COVERED BY THE SKY AND SURROUNDED BY THE SEA.
YOU HAVE GRANTED HER THE POSSESSION OF ALL THIS".

THIS BOOK HAS ALL THE SCENES OUT OF HER TOMB AT DEIR AL BEHARI

INCLUDING THAT OF PUNT

I THINK ITS A STANDARD ISSUE BOOK WITH A PICTURE OF KING TUT ON THE FRONT

IF U CANT FIND IT I WILL SCAN AND POST IT UP FOR U

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
jabbie said:
I THINK ITS A STANDARD ISSUE BOOK WITH A PICTURE OF KING TUT ON THE FRONT

IF U CANT FIND IT I WILL SCAN AND POST IT UP FOR U
We weren't really given a textbook from our teachers. If you can tell me the name/author...that'd be awesome. I'd like to buy me a copy!!

Thanks heaps! :)

nadinetannous

HSC
hey thanks for that website- it's hard to find good info on hatshepsut; especially on how she became pharaoh.

X

xeuyrawp

nadinetannous said:
hey thanks for that website- it's hard to find good info on hatshepsut; especially on how she became pharaoh.
Yeah, it's really difficult with the nature of evidence - she was either the wife of the King, the King, or the dead mother of the King in terms of evidence.

madelyn

HSC
"I have the Speos Artemidos inscription in full, but it doesn't really hold as much important in my assessment "

I have the opposite problem, I really need the speos artemidos inscription for my assignment, but can only seem to find excerpts. Where did you find the inscription in full?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)