Have most in your school gotten their preferred subjects? (1 Viewer)

bawd

HSC
I got all the subjects I choose, but ended up switching Chemistry for Society and Culture. There was conflict for some people, but I think most people got the subjects they selected as their first choice and relatively happy.

HSC
TBK11 said:
6 people in yr12 u get that alot cause most people cant handle the work load in my school their is 1 student doing Maths EX2, 1!!!

for chemistry got 3
My school has:

3 people in Ancient History
2 people in (the equivalent of) 4U maths
1 person in Japanese
4 people in Art
4 people in Geography

But these classes were a lot bigger at the beginning of yr 11.

seakebab

HSC
I got all of my preferred subjects at the time, but over time I started to regret picking economics instead of geography.

I still regret it. :hammer: Hi, V.

alexvision

HSC
That all sounds quite confusing (as i look over it in a confused and sleepless state :sleep: :confused: )

My school we just submit what subjects we want to do and they work the lines around it. Only 3 people needed to reselect (they were all people in the bottom classes as well :lol: )

Although we are the first year to get this :D , I reckon its a great way around the lines issues. ( SSD is running at my school with a record number of people 6)

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
alexvision said:
That all sounds quite confusing (as i look over it in a confused and sleepless state :sleep: :confused: )

My school we just submit what subjects we want to do and they work the lines around it. Only 3 people needed to reselect (they were all people in the bottom classes as well :lol: )

Although we are the first year to get this :D , I reckon its a great way around the lines issues. ( SSD is running at my school with a record number of people 6)
My school tried to do this and failed miserably. It was in the aim to make the subject selection process easier but it worked out the opposite.

alexvision

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
My school tried to do this and failed miserably. It was in the aim to make the subject selection process easier but it worked out the opposite.
Thats surprising, as long as the person who organizes the subjects has some idea of what they are doing, it should work fine ??

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
alexvision said:
Thats surprising, as long as the person who organizes the subjects has some idea of what they are doing, it should work fine ??
We didnt have that.

Naminé

HSC
Re: SC Notes/Useful Links (No Spam)

No idea... I haven't even received my first-semester report. ¬¬ The teachers assured us they wrote them, too. They're probably lost in administration hell.

Presumably, though, as long as they're still running the courses, seeing as everyone wanted to take subjects like art and the sciences were mostly ignored.

Offtopic, but @the poster above: wheeeee, Twilight~! <3

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Well I didn't and I was angry. I couldn't do Biology and Modern History which are like my two favurite subjects. GRRR. I ended up doing MH by correspondence but that turned out ok. I reckon over 20 people had to rechoose their subjects at our school.

rolror88

HSC
N/A
Rockyroad said:
Well I didn't and I was angry. I couldn't do Biology and Modern History which are like my two favurite subjects. GRRR. I ended up doing MH by correspondence but that turned out ok. I reckon over 20 people had to rechoose their subjects at our school.

Its a bit off topic, but isn't chem assumed (or prerequisite) knowledge for med?

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
rolror88 said:
Its a bit off topic, but isn't chem assumed (or prerequisite) knowledge for med?
Good point... I don't think they have pre requisites any more. If I haven't learnt it before I start med then I'll do a bridging course. Therefore chem won't effect my uai - I will not have the stress of doing chem in the HSC and I can concentrate on other subjects. No stress but I'll have the knowledge. I didn't want to do it at school cos I am not 100% sure on med and wouldn't want to do chem if I'm not going to do med as I like other subjects better. And the teacher (yes only 1 teacher!) for chem at my school is really bad - they just work out of the textbook and she won't answer questions -she always says "I'm not going to spoon feed you" GRRR.
So yea - do think my plan is good?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Re: SC Notes/Useful Links (No Spam)

I got all my subjects :D but in a school with 180 students in our year, only a few had to rechoose things, which is pretty good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)