Have to talk about readings? (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
Question in CSSA 2004 paper:

"What film techniques make Citizen Kane a powerful film?

In your answer, discuss TWO or THREE techniques in some detail."

Looking through other posts regarding King Lear and such, there are a lot of references to readings (eg. Marxism, and people like Eyre)... CK is in the same module, so I'm guessing that would be necessary as well. So do you always have to refer to such readings and people(I'm asking in general, for all text)? Reading the question above, it doesn't seem to allow for much space in terms of talking about readings...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I kinda skipped a lot of the stuff you said in your posts because I'm doing a different text... so it went right over my head... but this whole module involves a whole set of readings as far as my teacher has drilled to me... eg postmodern reading, marxist reading... or if you want to be complicated... readings made by critics eg onamistic devices... blah blah blah lol.

But considering that question: if you can answer it then thats a good sign? Do whatever your teacher has been telling you to do and if you don't trust that, then yeah, do some readings since readings seems to be the best way to critically analyse a text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)