have we got it better? (1 Viewer)

m1tch37

HSC
What do people think. Do you want to do Belonging, or would rather be doing Journeys?

senorita05

HSC
i've done journeys [n] it is much easier to interpret

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I'm not too sure, so far I'm finding belonging to be pretty easy.

bored of sc

HSC
All areas of study are the same. They are universal concepts about humanity. They all interrelate anyway. 'Journeys' is equally as hard as 'belonging'.

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
bored of sc said:
All areas of study are the same. They are universal concepts about humanity. They all interrelate anyway. 'Journeys' is equally as hard as 'belonging'.
Yes very true; they all deal with synonymous ideas. However, journeys are simple; I've done physical and basically deals with physical movement, which may or may not impact the traveller and the length of the journey does not matter, as long as the traveller physically moves, it's considered 'physical journeys'. Therefore, Belonging, whether it is easier or not, I'm sure will be much more interesting and enjoyable!

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
With all the people I've heard complaining about Journeys over these last few years, I think we might just have it a little bit easier.

jessiekg14

HSC
journeys is way easier. from nearly any text, something about the concept of journeys can be pulled out and there are so many different ideas about it. but belonging, it's sooo hard to find texts that focus directly on that concept and so it's really hard to pull out meanings or create a thesis about any of them. but that might just be me.

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
jessiekg14 said:
journeys is way easier. from nearly any text, something about the concept of journeys can be pulled out and there are so many different ideas about it. but belonging, it's sooo hard to find texts that focus directly on that concept and so it's really hard to pull out meanings or create a thesis about any of them. but that might just be me.
More often that not, all texts deal with the similar idea; if you can extrapolate ideas about journeys from a text, then you are bound to extrapolate ideas based on belonging; they all deal with the same thing but have differing names. Imperatively, belonging is a part of journeys and vice versa!

Shanku

HSC
I hope they set a fairly "easy" test since it's the first year...

JacintaLeax

HSC
Just stop ya whineing.
Journeys isnt any easier! Like someone alredy said.
They are going to set them even anyways its not like they are going to pick an easy as topic for a few years then smack a hard topic in there ?
:S Thinkerss.
Haha. But as for Belonging- its broad, just like journeys.
Anything can 'belong' as long as you have a meaning for it.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Shanku said:
I hope they set a fairly "easy" test since it's the first year...
UAI is a rank, not a mark
So if the test is easy, well.. You're just gonna have to ace it to get up there

Scion

HSC
Yeah apparently we are marked easier because we are the first years doing it ?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Scion said:
Yeah apparently we are marked easier because we are the first years doing it ?
I really wouldn't put too much weight behind that.

I think it's good that there's a change - but too bad it hasn't changed too much. Belonging...Inner Journeys - same difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)