Have you been studying these school holidays??? (1 Viewer)

Have you been studying these school holidays?

• Yes i been studying my arse off!

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Yea a little.

Votes: 95 54.9%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 61 35.3%

• Total voters

jannny

HSC
did some revision of topics I think i am dumb at.
LOL but there are still heaps of work to go =/

We still have 3 weeks people, gotta get some work done

Beato153

Bored @ Work
HSC
haven't been studying cause i was given stupid assessments andd 2 truckloads of homework just about! Go the MANLY SEA EAGLES by te way roostersman and co. 56 to 0 last weekend

beentherdunthat

HSC
Bludging is my speciality... Bloody oath... i've been 2 weeks on module 3 and 4 in Chem ANd i HAVEN't FINISHEd.. I keep getting distracted (example, Harry Potter, internet, friends etc..!!) damn this, i swear, we get to year 12 and bludge the most in our life... is anyone having the same problemm!?!? (LOL)

yosemite sam

HSC
ive only done italian since my trial (worth 60% of assessment mark) is second week back. ive got a modern essay due on friday that i havent started cos ive forgotten what im meant to do. but ive done at least an hour of italian a day. im proud of that.

Sofstar

HSC
I have abit. Would've like to have this motivation click mid holidays instead of a few days before school starts.:mad1:

steffiduck

HSC
i used to lack the motivation to open my books to study. however, these holidays, all my stuff is in front of me, but i just can't get my head around the studying part. I can sit there and study for about 20 mins, then get distracted for the rest of the day

i want more holidays though...

HSC
I'm kinda happy with the amount of studying I've done.
Beato153 said:
haven't been studying cause i was given stupid assessments andd 2 truckloads of homework just about! Go the MANLY SEA EAGLES by te way roostersman and co. 56 to 0 last weekend
Weren't Manly voted as the "most overrated team"? Haha. :)

Although, if a team's coming 2nd, I don't see how that's overrated...

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
I've done in total
5 hours maths.
& about half my modern assessment due on friday.
& wrote 2000 extra words of crap for my ee2, of which i will probably only use 25%
& about 2 hours of 'consolidation' ie. Tidying/sorting/consolidating pieces of paper.
oh and i typed up the notes in my modern book [but that was just mindless typing no processing haha]

THATS ALL THERE IS, THERE ISNT ANYMORE!(L)!

ahhaa.
I'm not too worried. For the first week i convinced myself i needed tot ake the whole week off for a break.. it wasnt really a break because i felt so incredibly guilty all the time.

Then the second week..i had lists to achieve and well i kinda procrastinated and my time pretty much amounted to nothing.
I cried about 3 times.. [which is rare considering i'd only cried over shcool once before when i thought i got 9/25 but had actually got 19.. haha]
anwyayw the thing i learnt is that i havent done everything i should have.. i s till have notes overdue from topics that i didnt even have notes for for half yearlies, i have maths topics i haven't looked at [ie inverse trig.] but freaking out and panicing over it is only going to hinder my progresseven futher..

& plus, my mother told methe other day that she didnt really mind what UAI i got as long as i get into something.. and that i can always transfer over later... which she said was the better option because i'll have time to actually figure out what i want to do..

relax guys :)
& this is coming from someone who was like 'FAIL HSC, FAIL LIFE.'

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I written summaries for IPT, and forgot it all the next day.
I attempt random questions in Maths, Physics & Chemistry and I get annoyed at forgetting how to do calculations and targeting the question effectively.
I've written responses for the entire HSC English Standard paper and I forgot what I written the next day.

Find out if you are a visual, aural or kinesthetic leaner.

bento

HSC
nichhhole said:
ahhaa.
I'm not too worried. For the first week i convinced myself i needed tot ake the whole week off for a break.. it wasnt really a break because i felt so incredibly guilty all the time.

Then the second week..i had lists to achieve and well i kinda procrastinated and my time pretty much amounted to nothing.
I cried about 3 times.. [which is rare considering i'd only cried over shcool once before when i thought i got 9/25 but had actually got 19.. haha]
anwyayw the thing i learnt is that i havent done everything i should have.. i s till have notes overdue from topics that i didnt even have notes for for half yearlies, i have maths topics i haven't looked at [ie inverse trig.] but freaking out and panicing over it is only going to hinder my progresseven futher..

LOL you sound EXACTLY the same as me! I think it's good you took a break though, that way you're more refreshed to study for the trials. I think if you work hard all year it's virtually impossible not to allow yourself most of the holidays for a break.

If for some reason you are able to spend the whole holidays studying then in my opinion that means you haven't been working hard enough during the year because you're not tired!

Lol sorry to those who have been studying a lot, but this is my advice from personal experience (ie comparing myself to my friends lol)

HSC
well, i havent been studying per se, however i completed a draft of my major work - although i don't like a lot of it! it is something nonetheless. it took up most of my holidays!

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
beentherdunthat said:
Bludging is my speciality... Bloody oath... i've been 2 weeks on module 3 and 4 in Chem ANd i HAVEN't FINISHEd.. I keep getting distracted (example, Harry Potter, internet, friends etc..!!) damn this, i swear, we get to year 12 and bludge the most in our life... is anyone having the same problemm!?!? (LOL)
It feels like i am talking to myself, same thing is happening with me.

shona1990

HSC
Gonk. No. :(
I had this huge major plan to study my ass off, working on one topic per subject a day (ie- workplace law or genetics etc), so I could pretty much revise EVERYTHING we'd done the past year...
However I got half an hour into my legal assessment (due thursday), downloaded all the syllabus', and that's about it...
Stressing out over legal now!
But so incredibly unmotivated it's not funny.

HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
i miss that show =(
Me too. :( I was flicking through the TV channels the other day, and it was on!! But the accents (and all the rhyming) really started bugging me, so I changed the channel. :eek::eek:

Haha, at first I skimmed over nichhhole's post (tl;dr) but I can't believe I missed out on reading that!

-pari-

HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
I've done in total
5 hours maths.
& about half my modern assessment due on friday.
& wrote 2000 extra words of crap for my ee2, of which i will probably only use 25%
& about 2 hours of 'consolidation' ie. Tidying/sorting/consolidating pieces of paper.
oh and i typed up the notes in my modern book [but that was just mindless typing no processing haha]

THATS ALL THERE IS, THERE ISNT ANYMORE!(L)!

ahhaa.

& plus, my mother told methe other day that she didnt really mind what UAI i got as long as i get into something.. and that i can always transfer over later... which she said was the better option because i'll have time to actually figure out what i want to do..

ahahah, thats exactly the same as me. i was like that, then i realised i needed to take a serious chill pill the other day, and now am just going with the flow :) it all works out in the end :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)