Have You Felt Cheated? (1 Viewer)

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
Hey. JUst wondering if any one has experienced racism during yr 12/ Have you felt cheated by your teachers or has anything happened that made you think this is not fair. I herd of a school that got forced to redo their trials bcos someone cheated, and eveyone was upset, especially since those who studied hard and did well, were also bein accused of cheating.. anyways tell us your stories..

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
zxcvbee said:
Hey. JUst wondering if any one has experienced racism during yr 12/ Have you felt cheated by your teachers or has anything happened that made you think this is not fair. I herd of a school that got forced to redo their trials bcos someone cheated, and eveyone was upset, especially since those who studied hard and did well, were also bein accused of cheating.. anyways tell us your stories..
not in year 12, but at my old school the racism was baaaaaaaaad, my mate whos koori had to get the aboriginal liason officer on this one teacher she was giving her so much shit.

HSC
I was awarded a laptop and extra time by the board but my school refused to give it to me for internal assessments. All year teachers, particularly in english, have been marking me down for my handwriting.

Some teachers have been understanding though and I appreciate it greatly.

Edit: I misread the title and later text, no I have not experienced racism.

Last edited:

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
cannibal.horse said:
I was awarded a laptop and extra time by the board but my school refused to give it to me for internal assessments. All year teachers, particularly in english, have been marking me down for my handwriting.

lol that was a waste of time haha JOKES
lol hehehe

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
cannibal.horse said:

You are unable to write in a fashion which is remotely legible? Or is this because you have RSI or something?

wendus

krawr.
HSC
LUCKY
i type 7543075473865875946 times faster than i hand write.

HSC
AsyLum said:
You are unable to write in a fashion which is remotely legible? Or is this because you have RSI or something?
Cannot write a standard response in even a remotely legible fashion. A mix of a tremor in my hand and very poor motor skills.

HSC
wendus said:
LUCKY
i type 7543075473865875946 times faster than i hand write.
Me too :D

It hasn't been worth it though. A group of girls wrote 'a letter of complaint' to the english head teacher and deputy. What the hell?

Naminé

HSC
=/ I only got extra time and more breaks. But that was for the SC.

I have motor dyspraxia and it makes my writing absolutely horrendous. I also suffer chronic fatigue so I get very very tired from all that writing. I had multiple letters supporting that I need a laptop. I had to do a writing sample and I wrote three pages in 40 minutes, because the essay was really easy [obviously] and when I write, I get carried away and I write pages and pages, and it was very long and scrawly, but nonetheless I wrote a LOT, so they probably figured I didn't NEED a laptop because I write fast.

Yeah. -_-;

The local autistic liasion person thing, who was coordinating my appeals for special provisions, appealed, but I've heard nothing, and I expect nothing more.

HSC
Naminé said:
=/ I only got extra time and more breaks. But that was for the SC.

I have motor dyspraxia and it makes my writing absolutely horrendous. I also suffer chronic fatigue so I get very very tired from all that writing. I had multiple letters supporting that I need a laptop. I had to do a writing sample and I wrote three pages in 40 minutes, because the essay was really easy [obviously] and when I write, I get carried away and I write pages and pages, and it was very long and scrawly, but nonetheless I wrote a LOT, so they probably figured I didn't NEED a laptop because I write fast.

Yeah. -_-;

The local autistic liasion person thing, who was coordinating my appeals for special provisions, appealed, but I've heard nothing, and I expect nothing more.
Naww, that sucks and I really pity you. It's really depressing going into exams knowing that your biggest concern is handwriting...

For my application I had to go to an occupational therapist for a test. I'm in this room with my dad built for special kids and I had to do this test where I put coloured dots into holes in a set period of time. I did about 40 and I'm like 'WOOHOO 40 COLOURED DOTS, ARE YOU PROUD OF ME DAD? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)