haven't been paid? (1 Viewer)

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys,

This is going to be a really long story so please bear with me.

So I got a job as a Christmas Casual last October at a retail chain - and at the interview, the store manager told me that they would tell us by the end of December whether we would stay or be let go. December went by, not told anything. Then about a week into January, I find that I'm no longer on the roster - so I ask the 2IC (store manager quit), and said they wanted to keep me but not enough shifts for everyone and that I would be kept on the books and called in if somebody was sick. Then the 2IC offered for me to help set up another store that's close by since they needed more people for 2-3 weeks and after that I would be called back for more shifts at the original store.

So anyway I worked at the new store for 3 days (the worst 3 shifts that I have ever had...9 hours of cleaning dust that seemed to accumulate everywhere and never go away each day) and while I'm there I find out that I've been taken off the books by the original store. This really pissed me off cause I was specifically told that I wouldn't be taken off the books. ANYWAY, the point of this thread is that I haven't been paid for the 3 days work yet at the new store and I don't know if they would have my payroll details since I was taken off the books. The manager of the new store is a mega bitch (which is why I gave up after the 3rd day...that and all the dust) so I would rather not call her, but I will if that means getting paid for 3 days of slave labour.

How long should I wait to call her? (pay day was meant to be yesterday)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If pay day was yesterday (Monday), I'd give it a day or two just to ensure funds can clear and be deposited into your account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)