Haven't done economics in the HSC (1 Viewer)

Bridgemonkey

HSC
I'm taking econ110 along with stat170, bba102, accg100 and was just a bit concerned about passing econ110. I've heard there's lots to memorise and you need to pass the final exam to pass the unit. I haven't did economics in the hsc, so I'll be really new to the subject. Will it be extremely difficult to pass? Anyone know of anyone failing this?

Also most of my subjects I need to pass the final to pass the unit would this make it difficult to get a good gpa? thanks.

Last edited:

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
I did ECON111 which most students find harder than ECON110. I never did econ in HS either but I was able to get a solid credit at the end. You need to make sure you stay on top of everything, try and do past papers if you have it available to you. If you are having a lot of difficulty seek help during the consultation times and try and organise some group study sessions with your friends from your tutorials.

Salliea

HSC
I went to the ECON110 Lecture yesterday, apparently (according to the lecturer), you have to be rreeeaalllyyy desperate to FAIL the course LOL.
If you look/download Lecture_1 on iLearn, it says that last year in semester 1, 88% students passed, and that most who failed did not complete either the in-class or final examination.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I've heard the same thing too to be honest. Don't be worried. ECON111 was really fun and ECON110 is supposed to be even more interesting.

The recorded lecture isn't working for me though. Seems to have no audio?

Salliea

HSC
The recorded lecture isn't working for me though. Seems to have no audio?
I can't hear anything for the video one either if that's the one you're talking about :eek: ....

Flying

HSC
I'm doing ECON111. I didn't do economics in the HSC. I did general maths in the HSC - a subject which i constantly failed at.

Bridgemonkey

HSC
I can't hear anything for the video one either if that's the one you're talking about :eek: ....

Oh reallyyy, that makes me feel better! haha. I can't access ilearn tho it says my account is locked?

EDIT: was replying to your previous post lol.

Last edited:

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
Didn't do economics in HSC.

Got both HD in econ110 and 111. So it doesn't really matter, they start teaching you from the basic.

Lots of memorize? not necessary, but you should know the basic assumptions for the models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)