Having more than ten units (1 Viewer)

ssglain

HSC
FridayEvening said:
Does having more than ten units have any bearing on your final UAI? Do they take the fact that you did more subjects than you absolutely had to into account?

I'm doing thirteen at the moment, and I was wondering if dropping anything would make a difference in that regard.
I started off Yr 12 with 14 units but was forced to make a choice between Legal Studies and Ext-2 Maths as my school proposed to run the two classes on the same line. It was a really tough decision for me at the time because I was ranked 1st in Legal after the Prelim course and I wasn't sure whether letting it go would affect my UAI. But having been forced into that position where I must make a choice in a way made it easier for me. I'm now quite glad I didn't hang on to 14 units because I have more time to focus on improving my other subjects and also a bit extra time for self-indulgence.

A close friend of mine is going through the same dilemma right now about her thirteen units because the burden is somewhat affecting her overall performance in all her subjects and I think she will end up dropping Ext-2 English because to her it's of the least importance. I'm actually thinking about doing the same because I'm doing quite well with all my other subjects and I don't feel that the positive effects of Ext-2 Eng will be worth the effort.

In the end it really depends on how you're feeling about your situation. If you're on thirteen and doing great at everything and feel you have plenty of reserve left then it shouldn't be a problem.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
timobr0 said:
Just because noone in '06 (or even previous years) received a UAI of 100 doing those subjects, doesn't mean it isn't possible.
Actually, if you read one of those BOS documents, it tells you that in some subjects that no matter if you ace the subject, you still can't a 100 UAI becuse you have it.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
wait so does that mean i can't get a 100UAI becoz i do, say SOR2? the max i can get is 99.90?

how does that work though? :S

HSC
Wow these things really put things into perspective....I was quite proud of my band 4 's in Adv English and Japanese Cont...until I realised I only beat around 20-25% of students who do the course.... :eek: lol I also found out that I had the subjects to get me 100 UAI...not that I was ever a chance :lol: ...but meh.

-pari- said:
wait so does that mean i can't get a 100UAI becoz i do, say SOR2? the max i can get is 99.90?

how does that work though? :S
According to your sig (and assuming I can count :p) you are doing 11 units....So there's always the hope that one of your religion units doesn't count, thus keeping you in the running of a 100 UAI.... ;)

Last edited:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ i think 99.90 would satisfy me more than enough :)

was just wondering why that happens though...how it works?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
It'd pretty stupid to not give say, me a 100 UAI if I got 100 on every HSC exam i sat, even though I do 3 subjects that disqualify me from a 100 UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)