Having trouble with this stuff for biology. (1 Viewer)

sarah__archer

HSC
Analyse, using a named example, how advances in technology have changed scientific thinking about evolutionary relationships.
Analyse information from secondary sources to prepare a case study to show how an environmental change can lead to changes in a species.
Perform an investigation to construct pedigrees or family trees, trace the inheritance of selected characteristics and discuss their current use.

I have no idea how to answer these questions, I've made a family tree but I'm not sure what the other questions mean.

bayan92

HSC
Analyse, using a named example, how advances in technology have changed scientific thinking about evolutionary relationships.

DNA hybridization technology: two single DNA strands from two different organisms are recombined and stained with florescent dye. Then sample is then looked at through a microscope and areas that match glow.

This has allowed for humans and chimpanzees to be compared for example. The areas that glow are areas where the DNA code sequence is the same. Humans and chimpanzees have 96% of their DNA code the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)