HD average in Commerce at USYD (1 Viewer)

appleibeats

HSC
Was wondering if any past students could describe the difficulty in achieving a high distinction average in commerce at USYD. Did you take any wam boosters? and which ones?

thanks.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
USYD comm students getting consisten HD's probably aren't on bored of studies on a tuesday afternoon.

sida1049

HSC
Not sure if anyone will properly answer this post, but in general, as long as you put in the time and effort (e.g. attend lectures and tutorials, do your readings, past papers and revision, et cetera...), then there shouldn't be any problem with getting an HD (especially for first year subjects).

With WAM boosters, what works for others might not work so well for you. For example, I read that HPSC1000 Bioethics was a WAM booster for science, and I only just managed an HD in it (I was getting marks like 73 and 84 in a couple of the essays). In my opinion any first year calculus course would be a WAM booster, but I'm sure there are many who would disagree with me on that. It really depends on what you are good at.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
It's still hard to get (and more importantly, maintain) a HD though. Because to have a HD average you need consistency, which is the biggest problem most students have. And yeah, regarding WAM boosters it depends on you. Try and work out in your first year or semester if you're good at anything specifically and take a subject that builds on that e.g. did you do very well in the compulsory accounting subject? Take acct1006. Did you do well in the intro economics subject? Take econ1002.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)