HDD dilema (1 Viewer)

benv

HSC
Hey guys
I bought a Internal Hard drive last week and it conked out! :(
There is definitely warranty on it but im still contemplating on whether or not i should take it back to the shop because there are movies and music on it. About 300GB+. Say if i take it back to the shop i bought it from and they don't replace it there and then, they will probably send it to seagate (hard drive manufacturer) and will either just replace it or try and fix it. i dont know but would you get into trouble for having that stuff on there if they found out?

Revolution

HSC
Three words so this doesn't happen again:

Backup, backup, backup. :)

vds700

HSC
Hey guys
I bought a Internal Hard drive last week and it conked out! :(
There is definitely warranty on it but im still contemplating on whether or not i should take it back to the shop because there are movies and music on it. About 300GB+. Say if i take it back to the shop i bought it from and they don't replace it there and then, they will probably send it to seagate (hard drive manufacturer) and will either just replace it or try and fix it. i dont know but would you get into trouble for having that stuff on there if they found out?
lol i doubt very much whether they would care about what's on there. There's a chance if you send it back they might wipe the data in the process of fixing it or else just toss it in the trash and send you a new one.

If you desperately need the data, first take it to a data recovery place and they might be able to get the data off the drive.

benv

HSC
Thanks
To my surprise the store itself replaced it
Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)