Headphones - Study (1 Viewer)

seakebab

HSC
Does anybody listen to music when they're studying through a portable music player?

I'm looking for comfy headphones, I want them to produce a balanced sound, not too bass-heavy or sharp. I might use them outside of the house, but I don't mind getting ones that I'll just use indoors and privately (ugly headphones). I'm also looking for HEADPHONES, not earphones.

Price range is under $200. I listen to almost everything excluding dance/trance. When studying I listen to music extremely softly, so the music creates only ambience. I found it makes me concentrate.

lol, damn this is so specific. :hammer:

Sonata

HSC
get a sennheiser brand one for quality

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Senns are rubbish at anything under 200.

If you want open cans, get an Alessandro MS-1, divine, if you want closed, the Audio Technica ATH-A700.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I suggest you go into any audio/music/electronics shop and have a service attendant help you and try the sample pairs. People can give thier opinions, but you are ultimately the one listening to them, so you should find the pair that sounds best to you.

I was running my studio on a pair a friend bought for me, I thought they were good untill I went and bought my own. The ones I bought sound perfect to me lol.

johony

HSC
HD215's are pretty decent if you want Sennheisers, although i find them quite bassy.

I use my ER6-i's when i'm studying, they are king for isolation and the sound is rich, but not excessive. The only problem is that they can get uncomfortable after awhile, but you get quite used to it after about a fortnight. If you plan on using them outside, In-ear headphones are so much more practical.

Is there any particular reason why you don't want earphones, besides comfort?

G

gmail92

i dunnno

in-ears are quite comfy though =]

i got mine for $10, they retail $50 so i'm happy

seakebab

HSC
johony said:
Is there any particular reason why you don't want earphones, besides comfort?
My ears do not support earphones, it doesn't have that piece of cartilage that stops them from falling out.

Dang @ my ears. :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)