hey can someone please help me with these to dot points

* costs of health care to consumers
*health care expenditure verses health promtion expenditure

thank u,,,

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
for the second one its prevention is better than cure. therefore they should spend more on prevention, in order to prevent illnesses, and this will lead to less expenditure in health care. unfortunatley the government doesnt spend much on health promotion atm.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
yeah i think time lag is important. ie. the government sees liitle point in health promotion for "themselves" as it can take ages to reap the benfits. eg. weight loss campaigns. so they would rather spend money on hospitals, where the benefits occur right away, and they get a good name for it.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
umm im not sure if this is relivant but, the government offers some rebate i think 30% i cant quite remember, but its if you join a private health insurance company.

emma211

HSC
The 30% rebate scheme means that for every $1 people spend on private health insurance premiums, the government gives them a rebate of 30%. So they end up getting about 30cents for every dollar they spend.
It is an example of the government encouraging private health insurance which eases the burden on the public health system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)