Health debate 23 march (1 Viewer)

Dyldodeath

HSC
It just reinforced to me how shallow and out of touch the liberal party and their leaders are, and how much Australia needs these reforms to counteract the liberal massive deacde of doing nothing in office and srewing up the country.... also it is evident that i'm not the only one who thinks tony abbott doesnt deserve to be PM. Just because he is the Leader of the Opposition oesn't mean he must opposed every F*CKING thing. Jesus.
i dont particularly like either party atm but it seems to me that yes labor put actions to their words but at the cost of landing us in huge debt, usually from programs such as insulation which is a joke. Liberals usually have to get the country out of debt which is good but yes they usually dont do anything either...

Lentern

HSC
you're not one of those social democrats are you, that thinks sunshine and printing money and stealing it and then throwing it randomly around fixes things?

because if you are you are closer to a fascist then I'll ever be
Do I find the thought of a single mother working two jobs sleeping soundly at night because she knows thanks to government support that her 8 year old son can get the dental surgery he needs a pleasant thought? Yes, yes I do.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Do I find the thought of a single mother working two jobs sleeping soundly at night because she knows thanks to government support that her 8 year old son can get the dental surgery he needs a pleasant thought? Yes, yes I do.
fail at pulling at the heart strings.

if the health system was privatised yes it would cost more but it wouldn't be by a terrifying amount. and if the government really wants to do something (this goes against everything i hold true) but they could pay for something like 20-30% of private health fees thus making it even more affordable with out losing the effienceny and quiality service of the private system.

yoddle

is cool
HSC

if the health system was privatised yes it would cost more but it wouldn't be by a terrifying amount. and if the government really wants to do something (this goes against everything i hold true) but they could pay for something like 20-30% of private health fees thus making it even more affordable with out losing the effienceny and quiality service of the private system.
From someone who can go either way in this debate, Lentern just owned you.

Lentern

HSC

Myths and lies. The least efficient machine in the modern economy is the market, brought down by pathetic human weakness'.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Social democrats are incredibly different from fascists. Even on a theoretical scale of autocracy are they so obviously different.

Lentern, in what ways do you think the market's flawed? Morally or economically?

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
Kevin Rudd should focus on uranium mining and enrichment rather than the failing health care system.

Nuclear weapons would solve many health care problems with the push of a button.

prah

HSC
The whole thing was just an epic waste of time imo, there was more bsing in that debate than an english essay.

Both were just taking pot shots at each other, Krudd " tony's so negative" Tony "Krudds Useless/ cant be trusted" etc. It was entertaining at the start but got pretty old and monotonous by the end.

Neither had solid plans and when a detailed question was asked they palmed it off as an issue for later on. I think the only solid detail was the issue of funding; where Krudd said he would have a 60:40 ratio (Fed:state) and then a reporter asked about that and neither of them answered directly, they both skirted around the issue.

Are all political debates like this? .. this was the first one i've watched and I probably wont bother if they always turn into mindless bitchfights.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
i dont particularly like either party atm but it seems to me that yes labor put actions to their words but at the cost of landing us in huge debt, usually from programs such as insulation which is a joke. Liberals usually have to get the country out of debt which is good but yes they usually dont do anything either...
dude while not agreeing with all their policies it is indeed good practise to spend when there is an economic downturn.

edit: by spend I mean on the country, not just on stupid shit. Where exactly the labor party's measures landed is debatable.

3Lachlan2

HSC
“Sandra I’m at a disadvantage in this debate because I’m not capable of waffling on for 2 minutes like the prime minister” Tony Abbott :D
Seriously though, did anyone else watch it?
what did you think?
No srsly that wasn't funny all Tony cares about is cheap political points and not about policy or hard working Australians.

3Lachlan2

HSC
The whole thing was just an epic waste of time imo, there was more bsing in that debate than an english essay.

Both were just taking pot shots at each other, Krudd " tony's so negative" Tony "Krudds Useless/ cant be trusted" etc. It was entertaining at the start but got pretty old and monotonous by the end.

Neither had solid plans and when a detailed question was asked they palmed it off as an issue for later on. I think the only solid detail was the issue of funding; where Krudd said he would have a 60:40 ratio (Fed:state) and then a reporter asked about that and neither of them answered directly, they both skirted around the issue.

Are all political debates like this? .. this was the first one i've watched and I probably wont bother if they always turn into mindless bitchfights.
it was funnier with john howard as he got upset... kevin and tony are stronger but at least kevin knows when to stop.... tony gets way to into it. srsly - half the time he shouts in his speeches to make himself look smart. loser.

prah

HSC
No srsly that wasn't funny all Tony cares about is cheap political points and not about policy or hard working Australians.
Mate I heard what Rudd said too, i don't need you to reword it for me in case i missed it the last 7 or 8 times.

it was funnier with john howard as he got upset... kevin and tony are stronger but at least kevin knows when to stop.... tony gets way to into it. srsly - half the time he shouts in his speeches to make himself look smart. loser.
When did he shout? like he interjected a few times, but from memory that was substantiated as rudd was pulling out stats that were misleading eg/ taking into account expenditure figures but not gdp. Dont mean to argue i just cant recall.

Tbh i just thought they were both dodgy overall.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Social democrats are incredibly different from fascists. Even on a theoretical scale of autocracy are they so obviously different.

Lentern, in what ways do you think the market's flawed? Morally or economically?
The Market isn't flawed.... a completely de-regulated market is...

The market with guidlines and rules in place is a dangerous, scary place with plenty of room for abuse...

the market without... Oh deary me...

And before you say anything Scuba Steve, shut-up... we all know you want to remove government and move to a complete Free Market system... anyone with half a brain and basic knowledge of Modern History would understand this is a bad idea

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
what do you mean? there never has been a free market without some form of government interference so how could modern history tell you anything lol

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
what do you mean? there never has been a free market without some form of government interference so how could modern history tell you anything lol
Tells you that the free market has failed to emerge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)