Health issues :( (1 Viewer)

Currybear

HSC
Hey,

On the 24th of may I was admitted to hospital due to extremely poor health, (psychotic episodes). I missed my half yearlies and was forced to do them on my first week back which I did surprisingly well in. Fast track to my next set of exams where I flunked most of them and was told not to worry due to my poor health. At the time the diagnose was stress induced psychosis, despite me telling the doctors that i didn't feel stressed.

They were wrong...ish. My episodes persisted, resulting in memory loss, sever depression and other things that I do not which to mention.

Two weeks before the trials, the episodes stopped yet the depression and the memory issues persisted, which stressed me out during this period. I talked to the school who then talked to my team of doctors and physiatrists about special provisions during the exam, which were granted. Last week I got my trial marks back and i did terrible.....

I spoke to the dean of studies at our school and he said unfortunately, there was nothing that could be done about my trial marks, because i missed out on my half yearlies and the board needed asses my ability in exams.

To put things in context : I was coming first in physics with 84% for my report now i am expecting a 40%. English i was coming 26/70 for the trials i came 68/69.

The doctors are still baffled by health and have not come to a diagnosis.

I need guidance has anyone else had healh issues during the HSC and what should I do about my schooling career

CM07

HSC
I spoke to the dean of studies at our school and he said unfortunately, there was nothing that could be done about my trial marks, because I missed out on my half yearlies and the board needed asses my ability in exams.
It's so unfortunate that these health issues arise at a time like this. Regarding your trials marks, didn't you do your half yearlies the first week back? I think you should talk to your year advisor or principal about it as the marks you achieved clearly reflect that you were not in the best condition when you did your exams.

I'm not very experienced with these types of things, but all I can think of is applying for illness/misadventure and to submit an EAS application for the HSC.

I hope you will feel better and take it easy. All the best.

Jinks

HSC
I'd be inclined to talk to them again/go above them. If you're having serious medical issues I don't see why the school wouldn't be accommodating. If your trial marks don't reflect the rest of your then the school should understand the seriousness of your illness.

Best of luck

ACI

HSC
I know someone who helps students out with this sort of stuff. She is a life coach but works with students heaps because of her experience in tutoring. What she can do to help you out isn't so much teaching you content but rather helping you develop a plan for your schooling and your life in general. She will also make sure you achieve the things you want to in a way that suits you. She is offering super cheap (read $5) sessions online here ---> http://fiverr.com/despina_g/provide-online-coaching-for-hsc-exams
Or you could PM me if interested. Will see if I can connect you guys... but yeah let me know

Currybear

HSC
Thanks for the all the help guys, it means a lot :)

I completely forgot about bored and subsequently i havnt checked in a month. And now that school has ended and the marks have been sent to the board i dont have much chance do I?

I also applied for Eas and the teachers believe im worth of 5-10 atar points.... is there anything else i can do to lessen my situation?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to rep someone, click on the badge type icon below their avatar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)