healthy food (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
ok i was just thinking about my trials
during my trials, i went to the canteen to buy chocolate; then i realised i couldnt get any
because my dumbass school implemented a "healthy food" policy
they said that all the junk food we were eating would kill us
so they got rid of all the soft drinks, chocolate, lollies and chips
and now they have all this no-name health food which tastes like crap
but the ironic thing is that they havent got rid of donuts and cakes, ice cream, coffee or that fried chinese food

anyway does anyone else have a similar policy at their school?

HSC
no our school is located at town hall and we're allowed to eat wherever in the city we want! muahahaha! ;)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sorta. they get rid of some of the crap, and bring in others. anyway whats the deal with selling chocolates? i don't think that's a prob - i think they should still sell them, and soft drink etc. people r old enough 2 know whats good and bad for them. the problem is when thats ALL they sell. if they are selling their fair share of juices, and if u can get helalthy hot meals then its cool with me

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Nope...we sell junk food AND healthy food. Take your pick.

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
My school doesnt care about the health of the students...they just want money...well the canteen anyway..

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
lucky bastards!
man i go to school, and im just so hungry cos i dont want to eat anything there

kow_dude

HSC
Originally posted by skip to my lou
no our school is located at town hall and we're allowed to eat wherever in the city we want! muahahaha! ;)
omg u are so lucky... i would play DDR there everyday if i went to ur school

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Our school never insisted oh healthy food, but they didn't allow selling coffee, despite a lot of objection.
And our school canteen got taken over by a private business after a few years anyway (which was shit cos then everything was twice as expensive), so the school would have no luck insisting they get rid of all the unhealthy food cos then they'd get no business.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
our year 12s can go out to eat, so its not so bad. But they got rid of soft drinks and never ever sold chocolates...
the closest thing to soft drinks is that torquey stuff... like 5% fruit juice 95 water

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
luckkkyyy u >.<

fark im stuck with shitty 2minute noodles and other crappy fried foods like hasbrowns which taste like plastic

on the other hand... otherside of petersham station - portugguese chicken burger rahahah >=D

we aint supposed to go out but who can stop me

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
my canteen is privately run... so all they care about is the money.. but they have alot of lollies especially...... ahaha they make so much profit from us little kids... ahhaa
BAHH u can just walk out for lunch then come back ? :|

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
lucky bastards!
man i go to school, and im just so hungry cos i dont want to eat anything there
so thats the logic! if there's nothing 2 eat we will all starve ourselves and get skinny ;D

how much does stuff at ur canteens cost? i'm wondering if ours is expensive / cheap

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
we dont sell chockies or anything, but we have packet chips (grrr, not the hot vareity) soft drinks, pies and various other pastry items (yuck), pizzas, icecreams and other stuff

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh

BAHH u can just walk out for lunch then come back ? :|
yep!! *snicker*
i go to buy boost juice quite often tho...so i guess i like my healthy drinks...
hard to make a decision where to eat tho...everyday we spend like 10 minutes contemplating where we'll eat...and most of the time we cant think of anywhere and just go to the local michels

the bad thing about it is you gotta consider the time it takes to get back to school! coz if you dont come back in time...you can get into deep shit! hehe

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah our school has brought in that policy, apparently all school canteens are meant to be 'healthy' by 2004. Ironic thing is, they got rid of all soft drinks, yet they still have these big ass chocolate donuts. Id like to bet they are going to make you fatter than coke ever could!!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I felt so bad today. I had a strawberry doughnut (the world would be a bleak place without doughnuts) and a Chocolate Moove (I love chocolate milk!) that made me feel so bloody sick afterwards.

Damn you canteen!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)