hearsay rule and exceptions (1 Viewer)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Just a quick question with the hearsay rule and exception if:

C overhears A say to B: "I'm going to get Lee Steels knocked off. I have had enough of stuffing around. I know a person that will do a hit on old Lee for just three hundred dollars".

What hearsay exception would you use to admit it into evidence if any?

Im thinking probably s 72....but Im not sure how to argue etc. Anyone else got any ideas, any at all? meh, I think Im getting dumber at law with the easy review questions.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
jessika said:
Just a quick question with the hearsay rule and exception if:

C overhears A say to B: "I'm going to get Lee Steels knocked off. I have had enough of stuffing around. I know a person that will do a hit on old Lee for just three hundred dollars".

What hearsay exception would you use to admit it into evidence if any?

Im thinking probably s 72....but Im not sure how to argue etc. Anyone else got any ideas, any at all? meh, I think Im getting dumber at law with the easy review questions.
Yes s 72 is your best bet. A's state of mind about being fed up coupled with his intent to kill Steels would be a contemporaneous representation within the act.

It seems like a fairly broad exception though, and there is virtually no authority as of yet that deals with the scope of the exception.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)