• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hecs and units... (1 Viewer)

krisspy

HSC
So i received my tax invoice thing and im confused to as what im suppose to pay...

So it says "Opening balance" and its all blank and balance payable as 0.

Then it says "commonwealth Supported fee Type - From 2008"
Assessed amount - 3, 600
Sponsor ammount - 0
Student amount - 2,900
Due date - 31/03
Balance Payable - 2,900

so does that mean i have to pay that 2,900 by march 31 or will the hecs help pay for me(i did the $500 dollar thing on the enrollent).

And another thing, i actually changed one of my units and im being billed on my old one, which im going to do next semester. Do i call uws/tax people or will they send me a new invoice?

thanks.

BeyondDeath

HSC
krisspy said:
so does that mean i have to pay that 2,900 by march 31 or will the hecs help pay for me(i did the $500 dollar thing on the enrollent).
Yea that salso what I'd like to know. Any help plz?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Krisppy/BeyondDeath: Both of you need to contact student services or visit them in person to fix your problems up.

Krisspy you must inform Student services at UWS ASAP to change your HECS decleration as it appears that you have nominated for HECS Full Contribution upfront and that you also need a new invoice also because you have changed units and tell them to cancel your current invoice and quote the invoice number.

krisspy

HSC
Wooz said:
Krisppy/BeyondDeath: Both of you need to contact student services or visit them in person to fix your problems up.

Krisspy you must inform Student services at UWS ASAP to change your HECS decleration as it appears that you have nominated for HECS Full Contribution upfront and that you also need a new invoice also because you have changed units and tell them to cancel your current invoice and quote the invoice number.
Ah poop, so what should the partial contribution look like? should it say i dont have any ammount due?
And would they cancel my enrollment if i dont pay the full 2900?

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
krisspy said:
Ah poop, so what should the partial contribution look like? should it say i dont have any ammount due?
And would they cancel my enrollment if i dont pay the full 2900?
Please check your Commonwealth Assistance Form in MySR to see what you've put down. Partial contribution should just ask for a contribution. $500 upfront payments should request for $500.

Yes if you owe that amount and don't pay before the census your enrolment will be terminated.

bos1234 said:
wen did u recieve ur invoice? on friday?
You'll prob get yours soon, i haven't even gotten mine yet.

bos1234

HSC
Wooz said:
Please check your Commonwealth Assistance Form in MySR to see what you've put down. Partial contribution should just ask for a contribution. $500 upfront payments should request for $500.

Yes if you owe that amount and don't pay before the census your enrolment will be terminated.

You'll prob get yours soon, i haven't even gotten mine yet.
When i click Commonwealth Assitance Form i get this table

Start date : 29/1/08
End date : -
Student status : 202
Description : FROM-2005 HECS-HELP PAID FULL UP-FRONT WITH DISCOUNT

But im sure i clicked on partial payment :S

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
bos1234 said:

It appears that you haven't in the rush.

BeyondDeath

HSC
bos1234 said:

Yep, thats the problem with me, I've ticked the boxes quite a few times over different days and I still get that message in my declaration history. I'm sure its a system fuck-up, and I'm sure we're not the only ones. I'm taking it up to the student centre tomorrow.

bos1234

HSC
BeyondDeath said:
Yep, thats the problem with me, I've ticked the boxes quite a few times over different days and I still get that message in my declaration history. I'm sure its a system fuck-up, and I'm sure we're not the only ones. I'm taking it up to the student centre tomorrow.
lol yeah cos the first time i forgot to put my TFN
so i wated the next day and click partial payment but it still gives me this message :S

kk cya at the student centre tomorrow LOL

BeyondDeath

HSC
But just one question. Lets just say we DO get it fixed up, do we get another invoice sent to us?

bos1234

HSC
Yeah most likely they will send a new one to u..
I hope they send it before the census date :mad:

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
What does it say next to Minimum Amount Due AUD ?
'Balance Payable' is only the amount you currently 'owe'. It should say 'Minimum Amount Due' under the table which should be zero.

Also, check on the invoice, under your student number that there is a heading Fee Cat and under that it says 'LOC-HECS'. If you don't have this, then you are not enrolled as a HECS student. And under the heading TFN Supplied that it says 'Yes'.

BeyondDeath

HSC
RabbitRabbit said:
What does it say next to Minimum Amount Due AUD ?
'Balance Payable' is only the amount you currently 'owe'. It should say 'Minimum Amount Due' under the table which should be zero.

Also, check on the invoice, under your student number that there is a heading Fee Cat and under that it says 'LOC-HECS'. If you don't have this, then you are not enrolled as a HECS student. And under the heading TFN Supplied that it says 'Yes'.
Nope, the minimum amount it says is the same as my student amount. Under Fee Cat it says HECS-08 on mine.

RHINO7

HSC
RabbitRabbit said:
On my invoice under the heading fee cat it says HECS-08.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
G'day to all of those who screwed up the HECS payment system and elected to pay Full Upfront Hecs Payments contact enrolements@uws.edu.au and tell them to change your Commonwealth Assistance Payment option ASAP. This is what i was told my Student Services this morning.

Edit: Enrolments and Student Finance (Fees)
Undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students
Tel: 02 9852 5155
Fax: 02 4736 0481
Undergraduate enquiries
Email enrolments@uws.edu.au

Encumbrance enquiries
Email enrolments@uws.edu.au

Just rang them up: It appears that they'd co*ked up and that all the partial payment's were incorrectly listed as Full Fee Upront and they will be sending another invoice out. Also the Commonwealth Assistance Forum is stuffed atm, if you need to change your payment method email them because you need confirmation in writing if they stuff up on the phone. UWS :(

Last edited:

krisspy

HSC
Yeah i went to student centre @ penrith today and the nice lady told me to go back to the enrollment form and tick the proper ones and that ato would be sending another batch of invoices. I would email them tho as she wasnt sounding sure. Nice lady though.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
krisspy said:
Yeah i went to student centre @ penrith today and the nice lady told me to go back to the enrollment form and tick the proper ones and that ato would be sending another batch of invoices. I would email them tho as she wasnt sounding sure. Nice lady though.
Make sure the decleration history on the 'Commonwealth Assistance Form' updates with your new decleration when you change your payment method because the page hasn't been working.

amythyst

HSC
ok, best option for all is to contact the student centre or call the student information line on 1300 668 370...they can explain your invoice and the student status codes (eg/ 202)...

you can also request a new invoice (as you may have added or dropped subjects since you received your last invoice) by emailing enrolments@uws.edu.au from your student email account...

the main things you need to make sure you have done is added to your record is your tax file number and if you are eligible, that you are listed as a HECS-Help student...that way when the money is transferred to the ATO, it links with your tax file number...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)