• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

hecs clearing rumours (1 Viewer)

doe

HSC
N/A
i heard someone say your hecs debt gets cleared if you're out of the country for three years straight.

sounds pretty cool. anyone reckon its true? :p

doe

HSC
N/A
thanks guys it seemed a bit weird to me. a good way to drive away the educated population :)

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
mad
i'll just go work overseas when i finish uni.. and may as well live overseas for the rest of my life
that way.. my HECS debt will be indebt till the day i die ..
muehaaheaeh scam da system ppls !!!!!
chyeah !!!

doe

HSC
N/A
hehe yep

time to enrol in that 6 year philosphy degree ....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol, it was JKKDragon who started that on this site as well and he was the first to reply with a straight no

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
As if anyone overseas would employ anyone with a UWS degree. In fact, as if anyone outside of Bankstown would.
Beats having to go 10000000 miles away from home just to go to uni. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
As if anyone overseas would employ anyone with a UWS degree. In fact, as if anyone outside of Bankstown would.
You retard. I know a UWS accountant who is now a senior manager at a major bank. He's already further in the finance sector than you will ever be.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
The "real uni's"?
So UWS is just around for your entertainment?
Its idiots like you that put your uni down further. Btw in case you haven't heard.. a degree from USyd does not automatically give you a green light into the workforce. Wake up.

doe

HSC
N/A
how many times have you been overseas looking for work? i wonder where kerry packer got his degree from? oh and mark bouris comes from punchbowl.

And I want to work in Finance or Accounting. Accountants don't need to think critically, only logically. UWS people may be able to think logically, but it is the real uni's that teach people to think critically.
those years of accounting experience speaking? you're dreaming and its kindof funny, i think youre taking those usyd marking brochures a little too seriously. everyones entitled to their own opinion i suppose. ill retain mine for the sake of harmony.

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Wait wait, he's just fishing again and we're all biting.

This is why people bash queers.

(that last sentence was an example of baiting)

Generator

HSC
N/A
At least Sydney's west is better than Melbourne's own 'west' :p.

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
haha melbournian you've been in sydney for 3 seconds i'm glad you've made all the right friends that inform you of all the appropriate postcode discrimination

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
ok well i shall now (at the risk of getting my head bitten off) side with melb.......i grew up in the western suburbs ( blue mountains is about as far "west" as one can get and still be considered sydney metro") and lets face it the uai cut off, at uws just didnt make there degree worthwhile for most things.....infact when they pffered to give me 5 uai pionts i sorta threw the letter out on teh preface if i couldnt get into uws on my own merit i didnt deserve uni........however it serves a purpose...but no big name historians lecure at uws thus would be piontless...uws is considered a bit of a joke uni by most....my parennts work in teh fincial sector and they flat out told me no one would hire someone with a uws degree over a sydney or nsw degree unless they were the son of someone very influential. However that said if one lucks out and non one "more suitable" gets the job u can prove urself good......now that said in the westernn suburbs are more likely to hire someone from local area! reverse snobbery works well

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by shelley
ok well i shall now (at the risk of getting my head bitten off) side with melb.......i grew up in the western suburbs ( blue mountains is about as far "west" as one can get and still be considered sydney metro") and lets face it the uai cut off, at uws just didnt make there degree worthwhile for most things.....infact when they pffered to give me 5 uai pionts i sorta threw the letter out on teh preface if i couldnt get into uws on my own merit i didnt deserve uni........however it serves a purpose...but no big name historians lecure at uws thus would be piontless...uws is considered a bit of a joke uni by most....my parennts work in teh fincial sector and they flat out told me no one would hire someone with a uws degree over a sydney or nsw degree unless they were the son of someone very influential. However that said if one lucks out and non one "more suitable" gets the job u can prove urself good......now that said in the westernn suburbs are more likely to hire someone from local area! reverse snobbery works well
But you only do B Arts at USYD, that's a nothing degree, you have no right to talk. J/JK :p

But seriously, if one really thinks a degree in USYD means a guaranteed job placement then I believe they should think again :)

That quote is really true, melbournian is a Keypad mofo. :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by shelley
blah blah blah
Firstly, the Blue Mountains are far enough west to NOT be Sydney. They are rural. We even have to pay STD rates to talk to you on the phone. Sydney ends at Emu Plains.

Secondly, how many times do you people have to be told that UAI cutoffs are irrelevant in the workforce. No employer gives a damn about the UAI once you've got a Testamur to show them.

"Joke Uni"? I beg to differ, many employers prefer to hire students from a uni working hard to make a name for itself rather than those from a uni who does nothing but rest on long-shrivelled laurels. My mother too works in the finance sector, and though I can agree that a UWs degree is rarely as attractive as a UNSW one for Commerce and Economics (not USyd), it is far more important to look at the performance of the student. A ho-hum UNSW student with a credit average will never be hired over a UWS kid with distinctions, unless the guy in HR is one of those apathetic baby-boomers with six years to retirement.

I am curious, though. What exactly do your parents do in the financial sector?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)