HECS for Arts/Law (1 Viewer)

tari_silma

HSC
Okay so im interested in doing arts/law next yr and i just wanted to know, how much are arts/law students paying for HECS every yr? i know its not the same for everyone but i jsut wanted a rough estimate...
I originally thought around 8k but then ive had ppl tell me that u need to add the cost of arts on top of that, so thatd be like 13k... whihc is ALOT.
So can someone clear this up for me? thanks

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
If you choose to pay your HECS student contribution upfront, the years in which you study Arts and Law will be roughly $5700 a year (3/4 full-time Arts contribution + 1/4 full-time Law contribution). For the final two years, in which you only study Law, it's the whole full-time Law contribution of $8170. (Source: http://www.law.usyd.edu.au/fstudent/undergrad/fees.shtml)

Of course, nothing's forcing you to pay the HECS upfront. You can defer it on HECS-HELP.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Triangulum said:
If you choose to pay your HECS student contribution upfront, the years in which you study Arts and Law will be roughly $5700 a year (3/4 full-time Arts contribution + 1/4 full-time Law contribution). For the final two years, in which you only study Law, it's the whole full-time Law contribution of $8170. (Source: http://www.law.usyd.edu.au/fstudent/undergrad/fees.shtml)

Of course, nothing's forcing you to pay the HECS upfront. You can defer it on HECS-HELP.
yeah I think you can defer HECS if you're an Australian citizen.

Lainee

HSC
Don't forget that if you pay upfront it's a 20% discount on your fees too if you plan to go that way. e.g. I just paid off $3500 for this semester for Commerce/Law (which means I only needed to pay $2900ish because of the discount).

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
bobness said:
lol i hate the full-fee paying propagandists who believe if they pay full-fee first year and transfer to a csp place the next that its a "great deal, plus you can like score a 95 uai and get in *goofy retarded grin*"
emmm not quite - you still need to get a UAI of something like 96.5 AND get a D-average across all subjects you do to transfer. so there is still a lot of hard work.

and who is this random individual u are referring to?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
edit: I sincerely hope you were successful in your transfer Peng, haven't heard from you lately.

Of course I was being hyperbolic in that mini-rant earlier and people of win and quality like yourself are exempt ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)