Hecs-help!! (1 Viewer)

PorkkChop

HSC
Ok so I'm enrolling for UWS in the BA course. I'm up to the payment part and I filled out that I wanted to get the HECS-HELP but that I would pay the 500+ minimum payment thing.

So, I need help understanding it all.

Ok I want to pay $500 for the Autumn semester. If something happens and I don't pay before the census date, will it matter? Does that just mean the fee's go to my HECS and then after I finish school and start a career they'll take the cash slowly out of my account (once I start making over $40 000 or whatevs)?
I've given them my Tax File number so if i don't pay anything now it won't make a difference?

Also, can I make contributions at any time? Say I want to pay off $1000 from my HECS in the second year, is that alright?

I'm a little worried because I'm not sure if the full up payment and the partial payment are the same thing or not. So confusing!

Ohh and finally, do I just go up to admin. at UWS and give them the cash?

ANY help or advice the HECS fee's is greatly appreciated. xx

terminator69

HSC
Ok so I'm enrolling for UWS in the BA course. I'm up to the payment part and I filled out that I wanted to get the HECS-HELP but that I would pay the 500+ minimum payment thing.
You set that up when you enrol? I can't even remember coming across options like that.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
sorry this is a tad off topic but i need to apply for hecs but i haven't given them my tax file number yet.. .is it too late now??
what do you need to do to apply??

mizukiyanagi

HSC
Last edited:

1Eilatan

HSC
Omg. I am so confused about hecs, too. But I called up government of education, they said HECS is through the uni. So we called up uws, and they said that you apply for HECS while you're picking your courses or so. And they have all the forms and what you do and stuff. So I'm guessing it's all there?

loki911

HSC

So, I need help understanding it all.

Ok I want to pay $500 for the Autumn semester. If something happens and I don't pay before the census date, will it matter? Does that just mean the fee's go to my HECS and then after I finish school and start a career they'll take the cash slowly out of my account (once I start making over $40 000 or whatevs)?
I've given them my Tax File number so if i don't pay anything now it won't make a difference?

Also, can I make contributions at any time? Say I want to pay off $1000 from my HECS in the second year, is that alright?

I'm a little worried because I'm not sure if the full up payment and the partial payment are the same thing or not. So confusing!

Ohh and finally, do I just go up to admin. at UWS and give them the cash?

ANY help or advice the HECS fee's is greatly appreciated. xx
This is how it works, when you apply for hecs you provie your TFN and you check the box that says that you want hecs and also partially pay some of the fees before hecs comes in, if you pay $500 before the census date they will take 20% off your fees over all and hecs covers the rest. If you do not make that payment before census date then hecs pays the rest. You slowly pay off hecs as tax when you make over certain amount (not sure).

You can't pay off the hecs in one go cause the government would love to make as much moolah off you ass possible before you can actually pay it off.

how you pay for the units: well first step is going into MYSR where all your units and stuff are and make sure that you are enrolled into all your units and then print out your SOA or statement of account and you just take it to the post office and pay it out. hope this helps

astroe

HSC
HECS isn't means-tested right? Everyone gets it right?
If not, I'm fucked. HAHA.

John0

HSC
This is how it works, when you apply for hecs you provie your TFN and you check the box that says that you want hecs and also partially pay some of the fees before hecs comes in, if you pay $500 before the census date they will take 20% off your fees over all and hecs covers the rest. If you do not make that payment before census date then hecs pays the rest. You slowly pay off hecs as tax when you make over certain amount (not sure).

You can't pay off the hecs in one go cause the government would love to make as much moolah off you ass possible before you can actually pay it off.

how you pay for the units: well first step is going into MYSR where all your units and stuff are and make sure that you are enrolled into all your units and then print out your SOA or statement of account and you just take it to the post office and pay it out. hope this helps
The discount doesn't work the way you described, the 20% discount only applies to amounts you have paid, not the entire HECS debt. IE if you contribute $500, that $500 would reduce your HECS debt by $625 (500/.8)

loki911

HSC
thanks for the clarification i knew it would be reduced bt just didnt know how much for certain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)