HECS->When, where and how to pay the $500 upfront for the 20% (1 Viewer)

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
Answer the question....
I have already applied for the HECS thing but i also said that i will pay $500. And i also read that i have to pay b4 s1 starts.
All i want to know is when and where and how i need pay the $500..

plz help

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
should i wait till advisory day and ask about this?

cos i also dont really know what fees i am going to pay (the dollar value)

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
i wont be attending UNSW, but if you READ the part of teh UNSW website that deals with fees (yes one exists, i assure you), it says when u log onto myUNSW it will tell u wat fees you have, and obviously this will be calculated on what units u enrol in, so if u havent enroled, wait for that

and you ahve about a month to pay it , so dont get too stressed

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
i wont be attending UNSW, but if you READ the part of teh UNSW website that deals with fees (yes one exists, i assure you), it says when u log onto myUNSW it will tell u wat fees you have, and obviously this will be calculated on what units u enrol in, so if u havent enroled, wait for that

and you ahve about a month to pay it , so dont get too stressed
i c.....
if i have enrolled etc (i can see my timetable with enrolled courses etc), where do i find how much my subjects cost?

HSC
Go to Fee Statement on myUNSW, but this won't be available till sometime in Feb.

Edit: Am i right about this?

Last edited:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I printed my fee statement out, took it to my post office and paid $500. The system took care of the rest.

Bingo

BigDk

HSC
Answer the question....
I have already applied for the HECS thing but i also said that i will pay $500. And i also read that i have to pay b4 s1 starts.
All i want to know is when and where and how i need pay the $500..

plz help

i pm'ed u the bank details. do it soon or your offer will lapse

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
ok i have heard that the $500 minimum works like this - you get 20% off ANY AMOUNT YOU PAY ABOVE $500, ie you pay $500 before uni starts, they take it you paid 600 (because 20% of 500 is 100, so that's your 20%), and if you pay 1000, they take it as if youve paid 1200

that is, you get 20% off the amunt you pay, not the whole amount (ie paying 500 upfront does not mean you have to only pay 80% of your fees, in order to do that you would have to pay 80% of your fees upfront, and they would take it that youve paid teh full 100%)

can someone confirm?

good link
thx lol :headbang:

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
ok i have heard that the $500 minimum works like this - you get 20% off ANY AMOUNT YOU PAY ABOVE $500, ie you pay $500 before uni starts, they take it you paid 600 (because 20% of 500 is 100, so that's your 20%), and if you pay 1000, they take it as if youve paid 1200

that is, you get 20% off the amunt you pay, not the whole amount (ie paying 500 upfront does not mean you have to only pay 80% of your fees, in order to do that you would have to pay 80% of your fees upfront, and they would take it that youve paid teh full 100%)

can someone confirm?

thx lol :headbang:
yes that is correct. a lot of people assume that if they pay just $500, then they will save 20% of the full $3500 (or whatever it is) -- this is simply not true

in all honesty, there is no point in paying off hecs now: it's an interest free loan, so you may as well invest the money or have fun with it :)

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
yes that is correct. a lot of people assume that if they pay just $500, then they will save 20% of the full $3500 (or whatever it is) -- this is simply not true

in all honesty, there is no point in paying off hecs now: it's an interest free loan, so you may as well invest the money or have fun with it :)
not entirely - isnt it indexed to inflation (which is ~3% pa)

EDIT: and what is it with everyone advising us NOT to pay our student contribution up front, even if we have the money, i mean it saves us 20% (if the degree all up costs 30 000, thats a saving of 6K)

Last edited:

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
I printed my fee statement out, took it to my post office and paid $500. The system took care of the rest.

Bingo
is it cos i am gonna be a new student that i can not see my fee statement yet???
cos when i log onto myUNSW, i then clik fee statement and there is nothing, but i have enrolled into my courses??!!?!

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
don't worry you'll see it in a few weeks time. They should also send you an email to let you know. When you see it listed in myunsw just select payment options despite it saying you don't have to pay anything. You get to choose how you want to settle payment then.

hodarrenkm

HSC
paying $500 would be $625...since they give u 20% off
full upfront = 80% of the total amount (amount u needa pay)
$625 = $500 (amount u needa pay)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)