Heeeeeeeeeeeeelppp !?!?! (1 Viewer)

anyscope

HSC
Ahh, crap !

I have a practical assessment due tomorrow, and it requires performance, notation and a one page discussion on the style of composition.

So I've composed my piece and notated it, and it's as simple as me playing guitar, and singing along. It's a fairly depressing piece, talking about how apathetic we all are towards the wrongs in the world. I start off soft and get a bit more powerful, and finish more softly.

Okay, with that said, can someone please lead me into the direction of what style this is !?! All I can think of is that it's acoustic, but that's hardly a genre. Then I thought about acoustic folk, but it doesn't reeeeeally fit. Someone help out ?

Thanks so much ><

becibu

HSC
Ahh, crap !

I have a practical assessment due tomorrow, and it requires performance, notation and a one page discussion on the style of composition.

So I've composed my piece and notated it, and it's as simple as me playing guitar, and singing along. It's a fairly depressing piece, talking about how apathetic we all are towards the wrongs in the world. I start off soft and get a bit more powerful, and finish more softly.

Okay, with that said, can someone please lead me into the direction of what style this is !?! All I can think of is that it's acoustic, but that's hardly a genre. Then I thought about acoustic folk, but it doesn't reeeeeally fit. Someone help out ?

Thanks so much ><
Sorry to get back to you later. Without being able to hear it I can't say much but I would say that you are attempting to use a fusion of different styles. Assuming you are doing music1, you can talk about yes acoustic ... but it should fit under a genre. I think it may be rock/pop acoustic because you talk about the distress in the lyrics, rock songs esp. from the 90's (grunge) and today revolve around this theme. THe emo subculture as well as the goth subculture revolve around this theme.

I am guessing you strum along on simple chords, I think you could say that the simple cord progression apparent in rock and/or pop. You can talk about the rock influence regarding the music. YOu can also talk about the use of dynamics (if generally loud) evident in rock music. You can talk about the sound of your voice (if you are using certain techniques).

It could be folk pop and you can talk about fusion of the different genres.

I'm sorry if this doesnt hope, but I hope it does :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)