heeeelp (1 Viewer)

kaylz

HSC
K guys I need help. My hair. It's boring. Tres boring. What can I do? I'm reluctant to dye it, just in case it's a complete disaster. I've never coloured it before, save for the six or so highlights I get. It's dead straight, about four inches below my shoulders and varies in shades from light brown to blonde. I have an oval face and blue eyes. If I had slightly larger balls I'd probably go for this one style I saw in British vogue (don't know if anyone saw it - the 4 ways with one Stella McCartney jacket feature), but I have to keep in mind that I'm not 8 ft tall and czechoslvakian. :confused: Any ideas? And don't say layers - I don't want to look like I'm channelingt Aniston circa '97.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
You mean the most recent issue? With the 'parka'? Yes yes yes, get that get that!

Fringes are always good because they frame your face and add interest, and if your hair is pin straight then you should be taking advantage of this fact.

You can always pin it back if you dont like it (but I'm sure you will).

It'll look especially good if you have angular features (are european-looking) because fringes are 'softeners', and it makes good contrast.

kaylz

HSC
Yeah but I don't know if it'd suit me... Check out my myspace pics (not the main display pic - my hair looks weird and different in that one cos it's messy and kinda pinned back in an odd way, plus the colour isn't quite accurate) and let me know if it'd be absolutely wrong and disgusting. www.myspace.com/kayree_rong Also, wouldn't I have to get it touched up ALL the time?

Last edited:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I'd say it's definately suit, and I would have though you'd have considered it sooner because your forehead is quite high. (hope that didn't sound rude, you're very pretty...)

And you don't really need to touch it up that often, maybe every 4-6 weeks, and many places like tony and guy will cut your fringe either for free or for, like, 10 bucks. (though a more elaborate fringe like this one might be more...)

Get it done! (But go someplace good.)

kaylz

HSC
Lol no it didn't sound rude. I have a high forehead but I always get told I have a good hairline so it doesn't matter too much. I have thought about it for a while but I always think of fringes as being a bit dowdy and high maintenance - still scarred from my fringe in kindy. It's such a radical change... bit scared. When I get back to Sydney I think I'll give it a go.

kaylz

HSC
Also, has anyone been to Noddy's on King (Newtown)? I've been past and it looks good, plus I've heard people say it's good.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Never been, but there's a place I used to go to in Darlinghurst when I lived in Syd called Lorenzo's. Really good cutters and colourists, and not that expensive, considering. I think it was about $80 for a cut.

kaylz

HSC
Bump. I did it myself. Dyed it dark, walnutty brown and chopped me a fringe. Woah.

kaylz

HSC
check out my 'space (linked above). it's somewhere in the pics. the colour looks a bit green (darn camera phone) but you get the idea. i always swore i'd never dye my own hair, but it worked out pretty okay!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
looks good! although with your features you are one of the few that could actually pull off a heavy blunt fringe... lucky bitch with your symmetrical oval face and straight hair.

kaylz

HSC
thanks chook. it's so weird - i brush my hair and i'm all "ewww who's been using my brush? ohyeah me"

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
kaylz said:
thanks chook. it's so weird - i brush my hair and i'm all "ewww who's been using my brush? ohyeah me"
i did that too! i was also all "this is fucking gross, there's a brown hair on my food and i dont have...oh wait"

kaylz

HSC
hah yeah that happened when i went out for leb the other night. i automatically assumed it wasn't mine.

Adrian.

HSC
kaylz said:
AlleyCat said:
i did that too! i was also all "this is fucking gross, there's a brown hair on my food and i dont have...oh wait"
What's it called when a blonde dyes their hair brown?
Artificial Intelligence

Just joking around. I don't even know if you're naturally blonde or not. I'd probably do the same too but that doesn't mean it's not stupid :)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
kaylz said:
check out my 'space (linked above). it's somewhere in the pics. the colour looks a bit green (darn camera phone) but you get the idea. i always swore i'd never dye my own hair, but it worked out pretty okay!
it looks really great! i wish i could cut a fringe that well - i tried to do one once and just ended up with a bowl/beatles cut. :mad1:

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i would like to also just boast about my cute mia farrow haircut i got today. the shortest i've had it yet, it is something along the lines of:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)