Hehe.. this site getting mentioned on smh.. interesting (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
wow i was wondering if the article would actually be in the paper... it was on the actual site yesterday cool
the article is the link in the first post..

Wahlito

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Maybe they visited the site during a heavy traffic time (e.g. yesterday) and couldn't get on so they thought it was pulled down?
Should check the logs for any visiters from a fairfax domain or something... (if thats possible)

Originally posted by timbk2
they cant be that stupid. if anything, it will make more people visit the site, cause they want to see if its actually been pulled down.
It will be interesting to see if we've had more then the usual amounts of hits today since the article

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/20/1071868698254.html
not necessarily for good reasons.. can they force them to take down the help essays?
No. The only resources which the Board can force us to take down are the standards packages (and, in fact, they've already asked - we'll have to remove them soon).

Resources submitted by students, such as essays, will always be available.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i reckon most of the stuff the people said was pretty true, i mean, the questions are pretty much the same, and you dont have to know the texts very well, and people do copy from the internet.
Me personally? i'd much prefer to study a text in depth and write an essay on it, as in the old HSC. but thats just me.
The HSC has changed, but university is still the same, and unless it changes its expectations, new uni students are gonna be pretty stuffed.

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
i reckon most of the stuff the people said was pretty true, i mean, the questions are pretty much the same, and you dont have to know the texts very well, and people do copy from the internet.
Me personally? i'd much prefer to study a text in depth and write an essay on it, as in the old HSC. but thats just me.
The HSC has changed, but university is still the same, and unless it changes its expectations, new uni students are gonna be pretty stuffed.

it's been like that since 2001
Only we were risking it if we did that for our HSC

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You know what that article did right? It's going to attract even more people to BoS, and more people will "memorise" essays (possibly from BoS).

Too good! :D

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
It IS true, but they should think of the way they set their dipshit exams instead of moaning that people find a dead easy and obvious way to get through them.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they cant be that stupid. if anything, it will make more people visit the site, cause they want to see if its actually been pulled down.
i agree, i remember when napstar was pulled down, they did an article on kazaa, saying how it was bad, and how people shouldn't use it, and that was the first time i heard of kazaa! what publicity!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
its being delayed. There's heaps to expect from this site soon. we didnt want to spoil the party too soon... =)
really? oooo can't wait how soon?
Originally posted by babydoll_
hey timbk2 what happened to the article that was meant to go in SMH about BoS?
tell us before it is in the paper so we can all buy it!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm yeh it is good publicity.. they didnt have to mention this site but they did
like when dicko said paulini should shed some pounds and she got all the sympathy votes

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
Originally posted by zoodboog
I emailed SMH to complain
they wont care, i emailed maralyn parker (tele's writer on educatio and stuff) and i just got ignored

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Exeter
they wont care, i emailed maralyn parker (tele's writer on educatio and stuff) and i just got ignored
what did you say to her?

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
although my last statement in the letter was rather straightforward :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)