Hehe.. this site getting mentioned on smh.. interesting (1 Viewer)

T

timbk2

u'd be amazed how many people from the press read these forums.

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by Exeter
they wont care, i emailed maralyn parker (tele's writer on educatio and stuff) and i just got ignored
she didn't put SamD as DUX of the week!!!

fatmuscle

HSC
From the SMH Monday 22nd Dec 2003
Letters:

I'm over it - all that heartbreak and worry about girls beating boys in the HSC. As a teacher and a mother I know the reason: girls generally work harder than boys.

But don't fret, it's just five minutes of fame. Count all the female prime ministers, High Court judges, CEOs. Soon all those clever, talented, hardworking girls will be back where they belong - washing up.

Sue Smith, Mortdale, December 20.

ROFL - "WASHING UP"

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
From the SMH Monday 22nd Dec 2003
Letters:

I'm over it - all that heartbreak and worry about girls beating boys in the HSC. As a teacher and a mother I know the reason: girls generally work harder than boys.

But don't fret, it's just five minutes of fame. Count all the female prime ministers, High Court judges, CEOs. Soon all those clever, talented, hardworking girls will be back where they belong - washing up.

Sue Smith, Mortdale, December 20.

ROFL - "WASHING UP"
wtf? lol, and a woman wrote that?! or a man who put a woman's name so he wouldn't have to suffer all the complaints. if it's a woman, she's very bitter about her sons not doing well. and i would say the same amounts of males and females do well

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
i stopped analysing literature a couple of weeks ago sorry :|
Aren't you still in school? Class of 2004 (see: your sig)

You shouldn't stop analysing literature until you've finished your HSC. Then you can make mistakes and realise how much school actually helped you (with English). ;)

Wahlito

lol, should send her the link to this post then :p

and did she reply to you in email or is this from the website or in the paper somewhere?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah i heard about bos from an article in the sunday telegraph around october last year i think...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i bet she tried to access it when it was down or something

i can't believe she thought it was pulled down

Wahlito

Originally posted by iambored
i bet she tried to access it when it was down or something

i can't believe she thought it was pulled down
Sometimes it runs really slow and i get a database error or "page cannot be displayed", so you could mistakenly think its been taken offline i guess.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Wahlito
Sometimes it runs really slow and i get a database error or "page cannot be displayed", so you could mistakenly think its been taken offline i guess.
Yeah...but someone along the way must hace figured that the fact that it was down=the site has been forced to close down. Which is pretty presumptuous.

Wahlito

Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
Yeah...but someone along the way must hace figured that the fact that it was down=the site has been forced to close down. Which is pretty presumptuous.
Sensationalist reporting... makes a good story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)