Heil Hitler (1 Viewer)

reemz

HSC
well just because hitler actually set up concentration camps doesnt mean his the only war criminal in history...even these days...people consider howard,bush and blair as war criminals for starting the war in iraq killing innocent civilians 'unintentionally' so why is it ok for people to admire howard bush and blair but not ok to admire hitler? im no saying hitler should be admired but that its double standard...

X

xeuyrawp

suger_plum said:
will you please stop saying my posts are spam!
they arent!
you saying that is spam
Your having problems with your silly friends is not a matter for the modern history forum.

Furthermore, the whether Hitler should be admired is a fruitless question, and is not only a totally circular argument, but also doesn't belong in this forum.

suger_plum said:
will you please stop saying my posts are spam!
they arent!
you saying that is spam
Actually, this thread, like these:

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=75592
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=76084
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=76069
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=76008
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=76061
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=75610
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=76082
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=76066
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=75257
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=75586

is spam. I really loved the "Who would you rather fuck, Augustus or Charles" thread. A very interesting thread. Not.

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

Without Wings said:
Please keep on topic- the discussion is hitler, which is part of the modern history syllabus, anything that doesn't relate to this is spam.
Actually, she never proposed talking about Hitler as a figure to be admired. Furthermore, the question of representations and interpretations of Hitler is not a syllabus topic:

sugar said:
A Few Friends Of Mine, 2 To Be Exact, Are In Love With Hitler, They Think He Was A Political Genius. A Brilliant Mind, And Shoot Down Anyone Who Shares My View That He Was A Phycopath Who Let The Power Go To His Head. One Of These Girls Boyfriends Have Gone To The Extent As To Say The Concentration Camps Were A Brilliant Thing. Only A Genius Could Think Of Exterminating His Enemies.

I Lost Family In The Concentration Camps, Everyone Add You Words And I Will Show These Nazis The Way Us Bos's Think

i posted this on the none school area by accident earlier. but noone responded. dammit
She stated that her friends like Hitler and think he is a political genius (true), a brilliant mind (true) and that these friends shoot down her view that he was a pycopath [sic] (true), who let power go to his head (true). One of these girl's boyfeinds has gone to the extent to say that concentration camps were a brilliant thing (true), and that only a genius could have thought of this (debatable).

Then states that she lost family in concentration camps and then invites us to add our words to show these Naxis the way bos's [sic] think. She's assuming that we will agree with her, although what her friends say isn't incompatible with what she says- a psychopath can be a political genius. A brilliant idea (concentration camps) is not incompatible with a brilliant mind.

Hitler was a political genius. His power of oration and writing contests the skill of the modern orators, such as Martin Luther King Jr. He was, however, fucked in the head. Nobody is contesting that, sugar, and I doubt your friends would. However, it remains he was a genius. End of story.

RyBo

HSC
leetom said:
Hitler is admired for his political ability. He single-handedly built up a party that eventually inspired the entire German people into doing the best they could for Germany. He restored German honour and forged her into the power she was meant to be. e too readily forget the great concern for the German people held by the Nazi Party.

It was Hitler's Germany that conqoured Europe, it was Hitler's Germany that braved the Red onslaught, it was Hitler's Germany that withstood the indiscriminate Allied bombardment. It was Hitler's Germany that fought to the bitter end.

Without Hitler, German militarism would still be an issue today. Hitler showed us the brilliant might of the German Nation, it's magnificence in foreign affairs, and it's fantastic downfall. Hitler's rule saw German militarism rear it's head in one, last powerful throe- and in the end it's utter and total defeat closed a chapter of German and World history that we should all look back on in regard, respect and reverence.

The only things that prevent me from embracing Nazi Germany with unbridled admiration are the terrible treatment of the Jews, the foolishness of the Russian campaign and Hitler's inability to consider advice from his advisors.

German Nation!
This guy, and the guy above know what they are is talking about.
Just because hitler was evil, doesn't mean we cannot admire his strengths. One country nearly beat the rest of the world in one massive war. Thats a strength.

I would go as far as saying that hitler and many other experienced officers and generals, built the german army into a highly disciplined, effective and efficient killing machine. The Germans perfected military logistics as we know it today.

I agree, we will never understand the way hitler though, and his persecution of the Jews and many others was attrocious, but acknowledging and learning from the way he did things can only be an advantage.

0Jade0

HSC
RyBo said:
I would go as far as saying that hitler and many other experienced officers and generals, built the german army into a highly disciplined, effective and efficient killing machine. The Germans perfected military logistics as we know it today.
Too bad this 'efficient' killing machine was stopped at Stalingrad.

Immolate

Elvish Warrior!
HSC
We cannot deny the man was a political genius. He was also a very, very good speaker, he could cast thousands under his 'spell' at a time.

Although, Hitler wasn't much of a military strategist. His biggest mistake was fighting a war on two fronts and commanding the army himself.

X

xeuyrawp

Immolate said:
His biggest mistake was fighting a war on two fronts and commanding the army himself.
And devoting so many of his resources to the holocaust.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Im not sure if 'genious', in anything other than acting, is deserved. It's not even clear whether he understood power. The time and people were/was ready to trust an inexhaustable little man with a fantastic yelling voice. I mean, have you tried to read any of his public speeches? Virtually non-sensical. It only makes sense when you hear them.
I'm still not convinced that Adolf didnt just stumble into power, then did what he wanted - which was incidental to the forever-obedient krauts.

rama_v

HSC
Hitler didnt have great poltical abilites IMO. He was put into power because of a million other reasons like the economic condition of Germany combined with the politcal manoeuvring of the conservative elite who handed over power to him in 1933. At its peak the Nazi Party only had 37% of the vote.

Considering that most of Germany had hated the Leftist governments of Weimar Germany, and the fact that so many Germans were unemployed because of the depression, its a wonder why he didnt win 75% of the vote. Perhaps it was only because he was a good orator that people voted foor him, because his speeches made no sense; he promised everyone everything and the only reason people listened was because they had got sick of listening to the Weimar governments who had no power to do anything because of their flawed constitution. I will however admit that in the earlier part of his career he did do a great deal to build the Nazi Party from its beginnings.

Even the start of the war struck him by complete surprise...not to mention his terrible decisions in the actual war itself, which sealed Germany's fate. In fact the Allies didnt want to assasinate Hitler, and one of teh reasons was because he was such a poor commander in chief...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
rama_v said:
Hitler didnt have great poltical abilites IMO. He was put into power because of a million other reasons like the economic condition of Germany combined with the politcal manoeuvring of the conservative elite who handed over power to him in 1933. At its peak the Nazi Party only had 37% of the vote.

Considering that most of Germany had hated the Leftist governments of Weimar Germany, and the fact that so many Germans were unemployed because of the depression, its a wonder why he didnt win 75% of the vote.
It just occured to me that he had more of a mandate than Maggie or Blair.

rama_v

HSC
Iron said:
It just occured to me that he had more of a mandate than Maggie or Blair.
True, it was in fact incorrect to keep Hitler from power in the first place, he shold have been given power back in 1932. But still, I would blame the weakness of his enemies as well as the turmoil at the time

Interestingly even with historians there is intense debate about Hitler. Some argue that he was a political genius, others argue that he was a demagogue from the wrong walks of life (Joachim Fest), so there are many views. But back to the topic, though the Nazi's period in power did a lot of good things for Germany(in terms of infrastructure especially) the treatment of minority groups and the terrible opression cannot be ignored or justified at all, so it really overshadows any good policies that Hitler did bring in...

Last edited:

HayleeKate

HSC
Hitler (and his posse) should be admired as an economist.. whilst the whole world was in the depths of the great depression, all the greatest 'superpowers' alike, Germany rode through the 30's sweet, despite the fact that they should have been so much more vulnerable as they were only just climbing out of hyperinflation and complete economic ruin.

Politically, he did well for himself. I'll avoid this area as its been discussed to death.

I'd like to suggest that much of the suffering which was endured and the holocaust were largely due to the polycracy below Hitler.
Simplistic example: Hitler says 'Jews are bad' [no more or less], half a dozen men below him each try to out do each other to impress the Fuhrer, they think, Hitler doesnt like jews, lets be bad to them, and he'll like us.. they play one-up-manship until 6 million jews are dead.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Hitler should be admired as an economist.. whilst the whole world was in the depths of the great depression, all the greatest 'superpowers' alike, Germany rode through the 30's sweet, despite the fact that they should have been so much more vulnerable as they were only just climbing out of hyperinflation and complete economic ruin.
Complete economic ruin handed him power. It's the economy, stupid. It's not exactly innovative policy to plan a war in order to kick-start the economy. WW1 taught everyone lessons, he wasn't unique in realising that if the homefront starves, the warfront suffers.

I'd like to suggest that much of the suffering which was endured and the holocaust were largely due to the polycracy below Hitler.
Simplistic example: Hitler says 'Jews are bad' [no more or less], half a dozen men below him each try to out do each other to impress the Fuhrer, they think, Hitler doesnt like jews, lets be bad to them, and he'll like us.. they play one-up-manship until 6 million jews are dead.
Idiot.

Ryken

HSC
Hitler never let power go to his head. Everything that he did was pre-planned if u ever bother to read mein kamp. He wanted lebsraum ("living space"), hence destroy russia. He blamed the Jews for all of the German troubles, hence destroy them. The power never went to his head. And he was never insane. He was in fact very rational. The only moment that he lost his insanity was when the Russians were in Berlin and he believed in imaginary German forces that would sweep down on the Russians and bring a great German victory. Everyting done to the Jews was, while im against it, was well planned and executed.

Hitler must be admired. Sure, everything he did was wrong, but how often do u see a political genius, such as Hitler, create a demogagy, with unfounding public support, rebuild a nation into a world power and litterally conquer all of Europe.

heybraham

HSC
miss_gtr said:
so animals killing other animals, in the process of "survival of the fittest" is not natural selection?
in bio, that's called 'artificial selection', because it's controlled breeding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)