Hellllppppppppppppp!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok im doing IT for the 2006 HSC and my teacher doesnt teach us anything i actually dont know anything about IT i dunt even know wat it is about and so i tried looking on the BOS site for the syllabus and it has all this mumbo jumbo stuff and so unlike other subjects it doesnt have lil heading things that i can write notes under so i dunt know wat stuff im ment to know.

ALLSOOOO... i looked oon this website for notes that people submit and there is like nothing at all

ANDDD...i cant find an IT study guide text book and wen if i ever do i dutn know if its wat i am ment to b studying for this year

ok ill shut up now

WRITE BACK!

Last edited:

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Don't despair! Excel makes VET IT guides! They're really hard to get a hold of, so you may as well just go down to your local book store and get them to order it in for you. They're quite good.

http://hsc.csu.edu.au/ (HSC Online) has some basic IT resources. I personally found them useful for guiding me in note-making, I ended up googling a lot of things to supplement the information though.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
And remember Information Technology being a VET course means that a lot if not all of the assessment task are competency based, on your preliminary certificate of achievement it should of noted the competencies you have completed during the preliminary course.

Define “doesn’t teach us”? Is it the class or just teaching methods? For my IT class we are given tasks to complete and competencies are determined accordantly learning skills for exams are covered during theory work.

Maybe an idea to talk to your teacher about teaching methods and what you want to learn and focus on I find most teachers are willing to listen and help in your learning.

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
We as a class were given alot of freedom in this course ... if this is what you meant then don't worry, it's a different method of teaching that can really discern between studnets who can independantly and responsibally work through tasks outlined by the teacher that satisfy compentencies.

As for studying, towards the HSC I looked over the tasks I had done (as they satisfy the competencies/syllabus) along with looked at that other hsc resource site ... hsc.csu etc.. I think it was which had great quizzes and stuff.

In the end, its not all bad if your teacher isnt there every living minute. Our class achieved 2 band 6 results this year and we achieved this through independant study and progression through the course. (Just to put it in perspective, 30 people in NSW scored a band 6 this year)

HSC
There's also a Hienemann IT book if you are keen, Excel one is enough it has alot of detail

busterblues

04 Info Tech First in HSC
HSC
Yeah definately first of all dont panic! No need to do that :)

Excel books are a good idea but PLEASE dont put your trust in the Excel guides. IT is not a subject like Physics or Chemistry or Maths where they can just change a few numbers and chemicals here and there and make a whole new question. IT has a HUGE pool of questions they can ask you.

Lucky for IT students though, the pool of questions are rather EASY and PRACTICAL!

See for yourself! Check out the past papers and try and work through them. Look at the types of questions you are going to be asked. Like I think in my HSC Exam we literally got asked a question which said "if you hold down the shift key, and press the 9 key, what will appear in a word processor". Of course there are harder questions, but work through these past papers with your teacher. Ask he/she to mark it for you. If you are concerned that they arent doing it properly, see someone in the faculty who does! If they cant do it also, heck Ill mark it for you!

And if you want help with the basic IT stuff, http://hsc.csu.edu.au is a great guide to work from to develop the skills needed for the exam, not for the questions actually IN the exam. Our teacher swore by past papers and it got me well and truely there so yes

PAST PAPERS PEOPLE!

Any problems, just IM me

Cheers,

Bryce

HSC
i LOVE U PPL

and by the way u know how u said they asked u wat will appear if u hold the shift and 9 button down or sumthn and then u said that was easy....i dnt even know that answer.... scary

busterblues

04 Info Tech First in HSC
HSC
I wouldnt freak out...they are just the sorts of things you need to know...practical things :) This comes with doing lots of exercises in class on the computers, it will just get to the stage where these questions become 2nd nature to you in the exam :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)