hello all! (2 Viewers)

HSC
After i finish my B. Nursing im going to look into doing post grad work after a few yrs in paediatrics, maybe one day ill go into the midwifery...

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Thats cool. I actually really want to do midwifery b/c it sounds so amazing...the gift of a child into the world....

HSC
Yea only thing that made me choose general nursing is the fact that i can work generally in the future and just do a postgrad course in midwifery etc...

Ive got 3 days of clinical to go :)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
:)

Cant wait to visit your campus on open day! Im more determined than ever to get into that uni!

HSC
ooo yea open days this weekend :)

Make sure u go into building 10 level 7 cause thats where our nursing labs are :)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
k! Ill remember that :)...

Can I just ask if this course is really tiring? I see the f/t course, you have to spend around 4-5 days on campus p/w ( I'm prob incorrect) and the pracs range from 7am-2pm or something? That sounds like alotta work... then you gotta do your own studying which takes up alot of your free time right? I don't know... Im just fretting that I might be a little over my head thinking I can handle this type of workload.

Last edited:

absolutepureobl

manic monday
HSC
shanti96 said:
k! Ill remember that :)...

Can I just ask if this course is really tiring? I see the f/t course, you have to spend around 4-5 days on campus p/w ( I'm prob incorrect) and the pracs range from 7am-2pm or something? That sounds like alotta work... then you gotta do your own studying which takes up alot of your free time right? I don't know... Im just fretting that I might be a little over my head thinking I can handle this type of workload.
It can be an involved course if you want to be involved and do well or you can turn up for the classes and thats it period. It's 4 days a week on campus, but only approximately 15 hours of ace to face time a week. It's recomended that you spend a few hours a week in the practice labs as well. You do have to factor breaks between classes and transport into that though. For example on during the first semester once I factored in travelling time (this doesn't include waking up and gettiing ready or anything), I was 7-7 on Mondays, 7-4 on Tuesdays, 7-1 on Wednesdays and 11-7 on Thursdays. So it does get tiring. You have to fit assessments and studying in as well. Clinical placement is twice a semester for four days and in the first year you have either a 7am-3:30pm shift or a 1:30-10:00pm shift. The first placement is only 5 hour shifts though.

To be honest though I think most uni course's have a siimilar workload. It's not the big party they make it out to be.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Thank you for the info.

I went to the UTS open day and it was amazing! We got a tour of your nursing labs and mini-lectures about your campus... I loved it.

I didn't know until today that there was the course: Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Arts (International Studies).... and that sealed the deal. I truely want to be a nurse and to study overseas.

HSC
Yeps the only thing is that the int/b nursing course takes 5 yrs i think, so, depends if you want to spend that extra time at uni or just get ur b. nursing then travel, which is what im planning on doing :)

But yea with the workload thing... im at the city campus and i spend 5hrs there on monday, day off tues, 2 hrs on weds(10-12pm), 2 thurs (9-11am) and 4 fri (9-1pm). Its quite good with the hours and it gives you enough time to study and do assingments around it as well as work.

When you get through the HSC nothing much can be worse lol Goodluck with the HSC :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)