Hello? Anybody out there? (1 Viewer)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Re: Performance poetry songs

Hmmm... the poetry section seems to have completely died off. (Not a single post since mid-january). Just out of interest, is this because nobody's doing poetry or is everybody just a tad shy about sharing? *blows horn of gondor and awaits reinforcements*

HSC
N/A

I think it's because it's still very early in the year... you can expect more shipments of people to come along within a few months :)

HSC
N/A

Haha yup - was cleaning up EE2 when I ran across that post. Thought it was sigworthy, so I sigged it. :)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Probably because there aren't too many.

I think a great deal of potential poetry major workers end up falling back on their more comfortable medium. (That's what I did - no matter the quality of my prose, I always knew I would score higher marks with a narrative.)

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
That is true.

I stuck with poetry though. I thought I might as well do something I really love. I was at a point where I stopped giving a shit about the uai.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
That's the spirit! Having said that, unless you're poetry is absolutely terrible (or not very pomo for that matter), you should do alright. If you need any help, I'm all ears.

HSC
N/A
Ollz San said:
That is true.

I stuck with poetry though. I thought I might as well do something I really love. I was at a point where I stopped giving a shit about the uai.
*salutes*

Far too many people in the past gave up their creative integrity to do "high-scoring" mediums and genres (not saying anyone here did it, just a generalisation), it's great to see someone who stuck to their guns. You have my respect. :)

J

jhakka

You also have my respect. I like to see people doing things for the love of it.

J

jhakka

Very true. And if you do something, knowing that there is no way you'll get a decent mark for it... you're either very dedicated or an idiot.

But hey, if you can do it and you want to do it, go for it. :D

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Best of luck to the poets graduate of 2006. (Though they don't seem to be lurking around here...)

umm, where can I read previews years poetry?

HSC
N/A
Ollz San said:
Best of luck to the poets graduate of 2006. (Though they don't seem to be lurking around here...)

umm, where can I read previews years poetry?
Direct yourself to the new Major Works subforum, m'dear. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)