Hello, this is my first post!! (1 Viewer)

NobodyKnows

HSC
Hi! This is my first post ever since I only just signed up, and I really hope I've put it in the right place... if I haven't I'm sorry.

Anyway. Background information - My name's Em, I'm in year 11 and my subjects are 3UEnglish, GMaths, Biology, Geography, Ancient History and Music. Music and English are my favourites; although I'm not enjoying English as much as I thought I would. My extension1 teacher really doesn't seem to like me, but my advanced teacher is really nice.

I actually have a question, and once again I apologise if I've put it in the wrong place... the Preliminary english assessment on your topic/area of study - I think there's a thread here about Change? Well - my topic's Heroism, and the selected work I'm doing is The Crucible... I'm wondering if anyone knows of three texts related to heroism? I don't care what ones I do, I'm just a bit stumped at the moment. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Oh yeah, I live in Newcastle, so if there's anybody from the same area we should talk - maybe we go to school together, or something... I don't know, I'm not exactly social.

Thank you
-em-

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
your first post?
welcome to 'bored of studies'

im doing adolescent/ growing up issues for english

you are like me, i like advanced english more than i like extension

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
it's only year 11, and what's more it's english.

my advice - relax your mind and body, maybe drink a little (drink responsibly) and enjoy what's left of your freedom.

Although i've never read the crucible, if you want heroism you can use most of hollywood's films. Ladder 49, Superman, Batman, etc etc.

If you enjoy oriental films, you can't go wrong with Hero :p

NobodyKnows

HSC
Oooh, I wish I was doing your topic! It sounds a lot more interesting than heroism... but hopefully it will get interesting next term.

In my extension homework which I'm meant to be doing right now, I have to answer the question "What is the difference between a clause and a sentence?" and write an essay on it. Ew.

NobodyKnows

HSC
Jago said:
it's only year 11, and what's more it's english.

my advice - relax your mind and body, maybe drink a little (drink responsibly) and enjoy what's left of your freedom.

Although i've never read the crucible, if you want heroism you can use most of hollywood's films. Ladder 49, Superman, Batman, etc etc.

If you enjoy oriental films, you can't go wrong with Hero :p

LOL, drink a little? I'm only 16!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
NobodyKnows said:
I actually have a question, and once again I apologise if I've put it in the wrong place... the Preliminary english assessment on your topic/area of study - I think there's a thread here about Change? Well - my topic's Heroism, and the selected work I'm doing is The Crucible... I'm wondering if anyone knows of three texts related to heroism? I don't care what ones I do, I'm just a bit stumped at the moment. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Thank you
-em-
Well you could read one of David Eddings' books, or there is the Odyssey by Homer, or Mulan by Disney.

NobodyKnows

HSC
Did I just label myself as lame because I'm 16 and I haven't touched alcohol?
Ooops.

F

Fruitcake05

Welcome.

Im a newie person in yr 11 aswell.

Im taking it your a QOTSA fan by your name?

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
eViLnUt said:
i dun like alcohol...tastes crap :p (i'm onli 16 too...almost 17 though)
Depends what you're drinking.. the worst tasting is red wine i've tried..nah.. don't worry if u haven't had alcohol...
It's not like it's a powerful drug like marijuana so you haven't missed out on much

Last edited:

NobodyKnows

HSC
Fruitcake05 said:
Welcome.

Im a newie person in yr 11 aswell.

Im taking it your a QOTSA fan by your name?

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what QOTSA means... NobodyKnows is in reference to the fact that nobody knows what I'm really like... as in, first impressions, blah blah blah.

F

Fruitcake05

Queens of the Stone Age - No one Knows - got it confused with your name. soz.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i know you're a young girl, hence i said drink a little :p otherwise i woulda said go nuts girl!

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
well since u are all wise...

Well since you are all wise.....how do you change the word thingy under the profile picture the one that says at the moment "New member"

stainmepink

HSC
NobodyKnows said:
Hi! This is my first post ever since I only just signed up, and I really hope I've put it in the right place... if I haven't I'm sorry.

Anyway. Background information - My name's Em, I'm in year 11 and my subjects are 3UEnglish, GMaths, Biology, Geography, Ancient History and Music. Music and English are my favourites; although I'm not enjoying English as much as I thought I would. My extension1 teacher really doesn't seem to like me, but my advanced teacher is really nice.

Oh yeah, I live in Newcastle, so if there's anybody from the same area we should talk - maybe we go to school together, or something... I don't know, I'm not exactly social.

Thank you
-em-

aww so cute! u did a little introduction. here have a cookie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)