Help a n00b downgrade PSP 2.5 to 1.5... (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone here know much about the topic?

I've tried researching it but all I can find is that even the n00b-proof one, requires GTA:LCS and 1.5 firmware. The 1.5 firmware shouldn't be too hard to find, but GTA:LCS... I heard the Australian/PAL versions (see Wikipedia) have been "fixed" to stop people from using that exploit.

Am I destined to be screwed forever?

I wonder if the PSP even has regional locks to stop me importing a copy of GTA:LCS off eBay or something ><

Please offer any advice!

Btw I don't have that TA-082 motherboard I don't think... I did the http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/56713/ta82spot1.jpg test and had no words/writing on my new PSP (which came with v2.5).

Thanks!

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
PSP games have no region lock at all. You can import a game and it'll work fine. As for your main problem, I'll try and look into it.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
nah he wants to run homebrews apps off the memory stick

gtvwill

HSC
Right well i have a psp which i downgraded from 2.6 to 1.5, the process to downgrade for 2.5 and 2.6 are the same. What i suggest you do is head over to a site such as demonoid.com and pickyourself up a torrent for a program which is about 13 megs and will install all the required things onto your psp mem stick that you need to downgrade it.

This program will also walk you through the ENTIRE process. All you need to do is have ur psp plugged into your pc and a charger....and have a working copy of GTA LCS, Australian version works just fine aslong as its not a hell new copy. Borrow a friends or something.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
gtvwill said:
Right well i have a psp which i downgraded from 2.6 to 1.5, the process to downgrade for 2.5 and 2.6 are the same. What i suggest you do is head over to a site such as demonoid.com and pickyourself up a torrent for a program which is about 13 megs and will install all the required things onto your psp mem stick that you need to downgrade it.

This program will also walk you through the ENTIRE process. All you need to do is have ur psp plugged into your pc and a charger....and have a working copy of GTA LCS, Australian version works just fine aslong as its not a hell new copy. Borrow a friends or something.

None of my mates have GTA:LCS though. It's $65 or so if I buy the US version off eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130021595950&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)... Seems a bit of a ripoff considering the original only costs like $70 or $80 anyway... >< Any suggestions?

gtvwill

HSC
seremify007 said:

None of my mates have GTA:LCS though. It's $65 or so if I buy the US version off eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130021595950&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)... Seems a bit of a ripoff considering the original only costs like $70 or $80 anyway... >< Any suggestions?
Yeah seriously just go buy GTA LCS...its a fucking awesome game either way n too big to fit on the average mem stick. I suggest you head on over to the QJ psp forums or psp-hacks.com forums. they have WAY more info on downgrading and also which version of GTA to buy. (there are diff versions of GTA LCS off memory...updated ones or someshit i cant remember). Just head over to one of those websites.

-=ThatAznGuy=-

HSC
I'd say that downgrading is a risky task, unless the downgrading thing is perfectly stable haha. My one was downgraded in HK :D
And I got 2gig mem stick, ah, the beauty of it all....
What's even cooler is I have a emulator to let me upgrade to use net at anytime wireless around and just have to turn on / off to go back to normal. Think it's called Devhook or sumthing XD

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
-=ThatAznGuy=- said:
I'd say that downgrading is a risky task, unless the downgrading thing is perfectly stable haha. My one was downgraded in HK :D
And I got 2gig mem stick, ah, the beauty of it all....
What's even cooler is I have a emulator to let me upgrade to use net at anytime wireless around and just have to turn on / off to go back to normal. Think it's called Devhook or sumthing XD
Yup I got all the above mentioned and how good is it :D Woohoo for 2 gig sticks!

gtvwill

HSC
meh i downgraded mine myself, i run devhook on it to use 2.6 firmware/games/iso's/internet. I have pspradio so i have streaming radio from my pc to my psp anywhere around my house/yard with song request. I have a snes emulator to play all my snes roms along with a sms/gamegear emulator to play those roms. Along with psp tetris ^_^

Oh and my 2gig mem stick.

my psp setup FTW!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm planning to go 2.5 -> 2.71 -> 1.5 FTW!!

Only problem is I can't find anyone with a 1.5 firmware and couldn't find it on my favourite torrent site :(

*awaits 2gb stick to arrive in mail*

gtvwill

HSC
seremify007 said:
I'm planning to go 2.5 -> 2.71 -> 1.5 FTW!!

Only problem is I can't find anyone with a 1.5 firmware and couldn't find it on my favourite torrent site :(

*awaits 2gb stick to arrive in mail*
wtf why would you do that? its safer to go from 2.5/6 to 1.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)