HELP! Academic Standards for B.PSYCH (1 Viewer)

rossverg

HSC
Does anyone know what academic standard needs to be maintained to progress through the BPsych course and into honours at UNSW?

I got an offer from Syd in the late round but I'm not sure if I should accept it or not - seeing as though you need to maintian a distinction average from Seocnd year which I think would be a bit hard....

The only info I found on UNSW website was on "Psychology - 3432" - not sure if this refers to BPsych but it says

Academic Standing

"Students will be required to maintain a high level of performance for progression. Any student who fails to achieve an average of 65 percent or higher in psychology courses taken in any stage (based on the first attempt result for each course) will be deemed to be falling below that level of performance. This will be drawn to the attention of the student and they may be interviewed by the Head of School (or nominee) to discuss the reasons for poor performance. This interview may lead to a recommendation to undertake special studies to assist learning. Students whose performance remains below the required level at the end of Stage 2 or 3, or remains on poor academic standing, may be required to transfer to the Bachelor of Science or another degree and/or to show cause why such transfer should not be required."

Thanks in advance

emma_f

or M
HSC
I heard it was 70+ average in stages[years] 2 & 3 to progress to honours, but that was for BSc. If you got into BPsyc in a later round offer then I see no reason why you would have to worry about keeping up the average..! Congrats on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)