Help. Advise. (1 Viewer)

marauder7

HSC
So entering Term 3, last term of Year 11.
Just would like to know or be advised on exactly how I should be tackling from now till end of 2015.
On another note, for study/notes..should i bother having a binder folder for each subject, and if, which brand?

buriza

conviction
HSC
I would advise to maintain a balance when you enter Year 12. This means not just caring about academics, because while it is important, maintaining a healthy well-being is the basis to striving in academics. Do not be too hard on yourself, since there may be times during Year 12 where you disappoint yourself a little. There will always be time to improve and remember that all the way until your HSC exams. I saw Year 12 as a cumulative process and it is important to take the year step by step, that is, always make sure that you are on the track and you do not derail too backward or forward.

I know the trials or the HSC exams may seem rather intimidating as you get closer to them, but the great thing is that as you get closer to them, you actually become more prepared for them. I suppose what I am attempting to say is do not stress too much. Keep yourself on task and you should be fine. If there is anything I have learnt from looking back on high school in retrospect, it is that I was far too worried about everything at the time and I wish I had just relaxed. Having said that, I hope your experience is more enjoyable and enriching than it is negative. :)

As for your question, do whatever makes you comfortable. You will probably have to organise your notes in Year 12, especially if you are doing subjects like ancient and modern history, so it is not a bad idea. Just make sure whatever method you create to operate in Year 12 is one that you stick with and are consistent to.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
this is a really good time to start developing and consolidate any good study habits and chuck away the good ones. also don't take this last term of year 11 too seriously, enjoy yourself because year 12 is a whole new world of stress. (ok i'm exaggerating but there's definitely extra pressure because everything's counting. just be confident in your own abilities because your own mentality can be your worst enemy at times)

good habits:
- maintaining balanced lifestyle
- summarising notes regularly
- doing past papers when it counts
- being smart with your study
- starting work ASAP

bad habits:
- procrastinating (you actually have a lot of time, but often people lose it through procrastinating)
- letting your own lack of confidence undermine you
- being cocky (just gotta strike a balance with confidence)
- being stressed 24/7

don't psyche yourself out as well. just approach year 12 with a level-headed mentality, maintain a balanced lifestyle (exercise lol) and don't forgo everything. you need extra curriculars and a social life to stay sane.

for your second question, i usually bought the cheapest binders at officeworks because i wasn't going to take those folders anywhere so the quality didn't really matter much.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
You should read past threads to see what other people have offered advice for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)