HELP: Amp cutting out! (1 Viewer)

pottsy44

HSC
hey all,

today i bought two 12" 1000W subs in a dual box and a 4 channel 1000W amp.

i hooked it all up in my car (Au Falcon) correctly all power in power all channels connected etc. earthed it to the top of the boot.

So my problem is that whenever bass comes into the music the amp cuts out. i tried moving the earth to a different area of the boot to try and attain a better source but to no avail. we turned all the bass decibles down to 0. but still when the bass in the music comes on it would cut out.

have i done anything wrong?

any suggestions appreciated.

pottsy44

HSC
nvm fixed them problem, a wire fell out of the box and crossed another wire, but its all fixed now.

ill post pics up of it soon.

pottsy44

HSC
DaddyK said:
Its strange that it only cut out when bass came on when it was a loose wire, usually if its a loose wire the amp doesn't come on at all, or it flickers.
yeah not sure it was playing then when the bassy parts of the music came in the amp would cut out all sound. i guess it was doing it like that bc it wasnt sending any signals to the bass.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just on a sidenote... my issue with my amp cutting out turned out to be a faulty line out converter... so much for Alpine being a never-fail brand!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
My guess for the intermittant nature of the outage is either a dodgy connection being knocked loose only by bass or a dodgy connection not providing enough power for bass (bass draws more amps than non-bass).

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Yeh, my amp is difficult, its a 2 channel, 200 RMS per channel but my sub is 300 rms, so if i run it off one channel its under powering it, but if i run it with the channels bridged its running it over powered by 100 rms...which is baad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)