Help asap with my pip (1 Viewer)

maddievalsamis

HSC
My pip topic is 'the great depression compared to the economic crisis of today'
Can anyone think of a catchy, witty title for this ? or think of anything useful to put in, im still deciding if its too hard a topic or not ? Ardvice, please

cheers

speedofsound

HSC
what's your hypothesis? what are you trying to prove? it sounds more like a history topic rather than society & culture...

HSC
My pip topic is 'the great depression compared to the economic crisis of today'
Can anyone think of a catchy, witty title for this ? or think of anything useful to put in, im still deciding if its too hard a topic or not ? Ardvice, please

cheers
Think of topic names near the end, now you should just focus on choosing your PIP focus.

What is it that appeals to you about this topic? You're going to have a lot of difficulty pursuing it if doesn't really interest you. Also, how are you going to prioritise primary research with such a topic? You could use content analysis but I think it'd be hard to find people to compare depression experiences to recession experiences. I think even though economics is a social science this topic doesn't really highlight human interactions as yet, so if you have another topic you're also interested you should consider that/ mix it up with this one.

I can't really think of how to help you with this topic and I honestly think it might be too hard without enough focus on society and culture but if you still really want to do it (which you are absolutely entitled to and I'd be happy if you can prove me wrong:p) , tell me what sort of things you were planning to do with this topic and I'll try and help:)

maddievalsamis

HSC
Hey ! I have now decided my previous topic was not focused on society and cultre and now have decided to put my research and PIP into a new topic ! Let me know what you think, any ideas, methodologies, or have any of your friends PIP's with similar topics so i can gather an insight overall.

My topic now is the increase of The Southern Cross Tatoo's in Australia after the cronulla riots and also i will be taking a political spin and looking at the media, gender, race issues and time in society.

Im even thinking of calling it 'Is Southern Cross used like swastika?'

em1604

HSC
Sorry to interfere - with your idea, but i just needed to ask a question about my own pip,
so i'm doing my society pip this year and my idea is on chivalry
so my idea is: is chivalry still around today and do women still yearn for it?

my chapters will be
1) is chivalry still around
2) do women still yearn for it
3) Will women want it in the future.

cross cultural component is gender and obviously the continuity and change is over time.

i like the idea - but i don't think my teacher really thinks its THAT strong, any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)