hELP ASSESSMENT TASK (1 Viewer)

shaun2005

I NEED HELP ON THIS QUESTION: To what extent did Nazism affect the ordinary people of Germany , 1933-39?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
exactly what do u need help with? structure? content? understanding the actual question?

shaun2005

re: help

hi i need help with structure and content and understanding the actual question?

rama_v

HSC
Weel you coud look into dividing it into categories, such as the economy, the idea of a "terror state", the media, the Nazi Party rallies and organisations and how these affected the people, the role of Hitler as a Leader of teh people, as well as how Nazi ideology affected ordinary Germans such as policies about women and the church etc. You could also argue that the rural communities were much less affected by nazi rule than the cities...Its really an open ended question.

Mm_cookies

Banned
HSC
with this question you could really go any direction, you could focus on the jewish population and how they and the people around them (the aryan race) had to deal with the descrimination, im world war 2, the people who lived in neighbouring towns of the camps were fullt aware of what was happening. thats gotta cause some sort of mental problems.
maybe talk about the bbombings ect, and the rationing of food and the black market. men dying, loss of husbands, sons ect.
sorry if this wasnt any help!

kirabolton

HSC
yeah well obviously focus on the jewish people. but you have to consider economic consequences on the people because economically some people were actually better off. look at all classes of people, look at religon as well. mainly focus on the terror it caused people but also how it gave people the chance to succumb to human nature, really by that i mean how lots of people dobbed in neighbours for being homosexuals etc, and what effects that would have on people. If it was me doing this i would probably try and consider the amount of normal people who actually agreed with the NAZI's anyway.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Look at main social groups.

Women, for example had experienced unprecidented freedom under the Weimar Republic, while important to the Nazi ideal, no longer had freedom, they were once again house wives and mothers. Things like medals being awarded for having 8 kids (or something)

Jews, well, if you're doing modern history, you should know how they were effected.

They were, by 1939, once again at war, invading Poland.

If you wanted to, you could show positives of Nazism on certain sections of German Society. Germany suffered more than most when the Depression hit, with loans and reparation payments demanded, but Hitler and the Nazis managed to bring the country out of the slump it was in, give Germans a real chance. I'm not saying Nazism is good thing, however I think it's important to note the postive effect Hitler had on Germany, especially in his first few years of power. Germany recovered from the Depression faster than any other nation.

I dunno, I did this too long ago to remember anything of use.

gobby41

Life Goal - $5.000 p/w
HSC
I love the wording your teacher has used there 'ordinary'

mouldy_bread

HSC
shaun2005 said:
I NEED HELP ON THIS QUESTION: To what extent did Nazism affect the ordinary people of Germany , 1933-39?

So you want someone to answer it for you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)