• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP - Belief systems (1 Viewer)

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
I don't get what this dot point in the syllabus is referring to:

[FONT=&quot]the role of and acceptance of dissent[/FONT]

I don't even know what dissent is..Help!?

And does anyone else who does S&C find that the material seems to skip heaps of points in the syllabus?

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
I remember seeing that and I can confidently say I've got no idea. I'm sorry this is slightly off topic but does anyone know where I can get the syllabus document?

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
I remember seeing that and I can confidently say I've got no idea. I'm sorry this is slightly off topic but does anyone know where I can get the syllabus document?
It's on the Board of studies website...

SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP

If this is in the exam, I am soooooo screwed

WiLL11

HSC
i think dissent means having different opinions??

Rozay

HSC
Dissent in the most simplest of language is to disagree with attidues or opinions.

So if you differ in opinion to what the question is asking you then you need to state the reasons for having a different outlook on what they are asking you. [I actually have no idea about this...]

Also it can be that you disagree with the methods used.

If it is told in the syllabus then you may need to be able to show that you are able to have different opinions, probally to indicate that you're able to confidently agree and disagree with the questions asked. [maybe..]

I have no idea if ANY of that made any sense and I hope that it may have helped in some way ^_^

ALSO....it can be that you have different views to that of the main stream be it political or not.

Last edited:

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Dissent in the most simplest of language is to disagree with attidues or opinions.

So if you differ in opinion to what the question is asking you then you need to state the reasons for having a different outlook on what they are asking you. [I actually have no idea about this...]

Also it can be that you disagree with the methods used.

If it is told in the syllabus then you may need to be able to show that you are able to have different opinions, probally to indicate that you're able to confidently agree and disagree with the questions asked. [maybe..]

I have no idea if ANY of that made any sense and I hope that it may have helped in some way ^_^

ALSO....it can be that you have different views to that of the main stream be it political or not.

Oh I see thank you heaps, I think it's referring specifically to Islam cause the dot point is:

What is the role of and acceptance of dissent?

I'm guessing, whats the role of acceptance in terms of differing opinions about the reliigion?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)