• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP!! can anyone explain the galvanic cell?? (1 Viewer)

mathock

HSC
Yeah my teacher is quite... ummm... yeah shes a nutter, but she knows her stuff, and she luvs me haha, there are 2 high schools in our town and we beat our rival school hands down in the titration comp, and i got a perfect score, so im the golden child... pity she didnt spend more time teaching us, she's never bloody there

Paroissien

HSC
I'd prefer a nutter who knew who stuff, to a stable person who knows less about chemistry than I do

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Best tool for remembering the rules of a Galvanic Cell is a picture of a Red Cat with a positive butthole on your standard potentials sheet, explains everything and is easy to remember! :D

xeriphic

a better way, think of the experiment as a picture in your head and one electrode getting eaten away while the other one grows kahahahaha

mathock

HSC
true... but it doesnt help when she starts rambling on about uni stuff, but apart from that, i cant complain

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Hahah.. Paroissien, young "mathock" and i have had our fair share of dodgy teachers.
when our real teacher was away we got a mentally ill guy with a twitch and another teacher who we believe was on speed...

mathock

HSC
haha damn straight, yet when she is there, she is pretty good... pity shes ut of town the eek before our hsc exam tho, thats just dandy

Paroissien

HSC
Wow, a twitch! There is probably a down-side I can't see though

mathock

HSC
yeah we have had some good'uns... the twitch guy was weird, but one teacher we had was just crazy, she used to zone out in class, like just focus on a pen and stare at it for 1/2 hour... then when the bell went she would keep us in for not doing our work... its like, how would you know if we were or not? u were in a goddamn trance... i think being so isolated, none of the teachers want to come out here, so we get the rejects, misfits, and criminals... our janitor was stealing all the chem equipment and chemicals to make amphetamines... tut tut... sounds liek an episode of blue heelers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)