HELP~ Characteristics of TPS (1 Viewer)

raven2000

HSC
My heinemann books definition of characteristics of a TPS seems to differ from what Cambridge says..omg.
Anyway, heinemann says: Rapid response, reliability, inflexibility, controlled processing

Cambridge says:
Common system characteristics = inputs, data, processes, outputs, participants
Properties of TPS = ACID (atomicity, consistency, isolation, durability)

If the question asks what are the characteristics of a TPS, what should i say?

HSC
well i was going with the ACID test but my excel book under characteristics list
  • batch
  • realtime
  • data validation
  • verification at data entry time
  • comparision of the data
these sound a bit light and dont have much deatil so im sticking with the acid test. most of those things are listed as desired characteristics anyway in the cambrige book

Heiday

HSC
Could someone please explain ACID?
I don't quite get it, in simple terms please =]

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
There are characteristics and properties. They'll probably accept either of them. ACID shouldn't be the right answer, they're properties not characteristics.

Takuto

HSC
Makro said:
There are characteristics and properties. They'll probably accept either of them. ACID shouldn't be the right answer, they're properties not characteristics.
wtf dude

properties and characteristic means exactly the same thing...

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
I know, but IPT is a bastard and often doesn't make any (logical) sense. In the textbook there's "Characteristics" as well as "properties", they've got different things. I know in English they're synonyms, but let me reiterate, IPT is a bit of a cunt.

Takuto

HSC
dont listen to the textbook, trust me.

do you have a jacaranda, because that book sucks. the only good info in it are the social and ethical issues. even then those are highly limited

properties/characteristics are EXACTLY the same

ACID test is a property/characteristic of a tps

inflexibility, controlled processing, reliability, inflexibility are also characteristics of a TPS

There will never be a question that asks for the 'properties' of a TPS; but if there is. You would be able to discuss any of all 8 of these characteristics.

next question

raven2000

HSC
Well, i got an answer:
firstly it will NEVER be asked
if it is asked, any answer from any textbook is fine "we've had situations where we've pulled out 5 textbooks".

PS: Takuto didn't see ur comment till now - completely true - though i forgot to ask whether ACID is acceptable.

Last edited:

Takuto

HSC
raven2000 said:
Well, i got an answer:
firstly it will NEVER be asked
if it is asked, any answer from any textbook is fine "we've had situations where we've pulled out 5 textbooks".

PS: Takuto didn't see ur comment till now - completely true - though i forgot to ask whether ACID is acceptable.
lol, i dont need to call the advice line to know

acid is acceptable 1 million %

funnily enough, i have exactly 5 textbooks, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)