Help choosing 1st tear elective (1 Viewer)

b4nkai

HSC
Hi guys,

I am new here, I need help with choosing the first year elective,
I will be in my fourth year and studying Civil engineering
I am in struggle to choose between:
MINE1010 - online but lots of assignment
SOLA1070 - cant find course outline
CEIC1000 - cant find course outline, but i heard it got no final exam
PTRL1010 - not quite sure

I would prefer an easy subject, as I am trying to focus more on my 4th year elective and thesis, ie. I dont want to spent too much time on them but I still want to get a HD for it.

I always prefer to do more quiz, exam, calculation assignment. I hate doing report and research.
lots of calculation will be good, as I find it easier to score higher mark.

Any1 who have done them could you let me know more about them?
In term of difficulty,
whats the assignment and exam like
amount of work

Any insight will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Roscosmos

HSC
I'm doing MINE1010 at the moment. It's ridiculously easy. 75% of the assignments have been short presentations, so basically a powerpoint without much writing. Is not hard or time consuming at all.

b4nkai

HSC
I posted some comments on SOLA1070 here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=303489

There's almost no report or research components, but there's a fair bit of content. I would not say it's easy to score a high mark, but if you have a good memory, then you should do well.
hi, i read through your comments

u said rote learning, don really understand what that means. i searched online and it says repetitive learning.
i am good at learning by doing the mathemathical problem from tutorial and past papers again and again withouh even going much through the lecture notes, is that count as rote learning?

and for the final exam theory part, is that MCQ, short answer or essay format?

thank you

b4nkai

HSC
I'm doing MINE1010 at the moment. It's ridiculously easy. 75% of the assignments have been short presentations, so basically a powerpoint without much writing. Is not hard or time consuming at all.

hi,

english is my second language, so I am worried that my assignment mark won't be as good.
Although the online feature is very tempting
Would you say the marking is very lenient? and easy to get HD?
thx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)