Help Creative writing! (1 Viewer)

lebron96

HSC
Can someone please check my creative writing piece. Im not sure whether it relates to any type of journey. Please reply ASAP .. I've only got another 3 days. Thanks

BigBear_25

HSC
Well there is some sense of journey but it is too short so the journey isnt very evident and the story ends abruptly. You need to say that the murderer had a scar sometime before the end so that the marker can make the connection without you needing to write it.

The descriptions are pretty good. Use some similes and metaphors to strengthen you response.

Hope that helps
:)

Dr_Doom

HSC
You should make a better ending. Not "It was all a dream". So many people do this and it isn't very effective.

melmelmel

HSC
hey dude..yeah its pretty good ay..howd u think of it? im really havin trouble thinking of a story plz help if u can.. xx

Dr_Doom

HSC
melmelmel said:
hey dude..yeah its pretty good ay..howd u think of it? im really havin trouble thinking of a story plz help if u can.. xx
What are you doing? Physical journeys?

Dr_Doom

HSC
lebron96 said:
Hey so do u think I should change the ending??
Yeah, but give it a twist or something unexpected... Don't build up the story with so many events that you corner yourself and have no where else but "dreaming" to go.

HSC
I like the first paragraph, very descriptive and unique. Some problems that I assume are cause by English not being your first language? Sorry if it is :) I guess it’s just poor sentencing then.

I must admit that whilst this story has promise I don’t understand it. The going back in time thing is fine but what murder are you talking about? Who was murdered and how can one “wake up lying on my bedside” and still be in a taxi?

Why is the old man who drives the taxi not wearing a shirt?

Wouldn’t it be better, if you are doing what I think you are, to have the scar someplace like his hands, somewhere you would be likely to see?

Try describing the person as a young man, and the person as an old man in a way other that 'he had a scar, and the other guy had a scar!!! OMG SAME PERSON!!'
It makes it extremely obvious that the scar is significant, wheras if you had buried the scar in the description, so to speak, it would be more…surprising.

One other thing I just noticed. You are a HSC student so a young man I assumed would be anywhere from 16-25….now this young man was alive in 1923…and if he was 16 he was born in 1907…and in 2003 he would be 96. Isn’t that too old? And if indeed he is meant to be that old, surely a 96 year old deserves more description that the simple ‘old’- as that tends to refer to anyone from 50 to 90.

So yeah, who was murdered? And, whislt I'm at it, you should describe the murder scene better because it makes it more emotive, and there needs to be some impact because, well, its murder, not tying your shoes.

wallaby2

HSC
Yeah all the teachers at my school say it is too expected and cliche when people finish with 'it was just a dream'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)