help - development of world cities (1 Viewer)

huhwotsthis

HSC
help i dont have my textbook and i need an outline of the development of world cities?

is it directly linked to urbanisation, or was that specifically mega cities?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
world cities and meag cities are both the result of globalisation. And world cities continue to urbanise to remain in w/c status. M/C have also been created by diseconomies of scale

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
as in...

if you mean structure etc. you will go into in class hopefully but basically as the process of globalisation occurs and the urban dynamics of change continue to shape and function of the development of the cities. but to gain a w/c status the city must play a vital role in the functioning of a country and region eg. Tokyo has a majority control of its country GDP and is the regional HQs for over 700 TNCs in the Australiasian Sector.

hope that helps if not please be a bit more specific so that i can try and help you.

c-rudd

HSC
you dont really need to know specifically.. its not a dot point

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
its a part of their character and nature, which is a dot point, you just need to know that they have resulted mainly from globalisation and each world city develops independantly of each other devleoping unique characteristics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)