Help!! Dissapointing results using SAM. (1 Viewer)

ladberry

HSC
Hi, well im pretty upset becasue we recently got our half yearly report card.

mark / around 100 year rank
Standard English: 71 7/36
General mathematics 73 9/56
Chemistry 58 4/16
Physics 78 3/15
information processess
& technology 71 7/18

but when I entered the figures out of this into Sam and ended up with a UAI of 55 .:mad1::burn:, these marks are based off our half yealys, is this a good indication of what scores i might get for my UAI. coz im very unhappy with this result and im freaking out!!!!!!!. or is the end HSC exam alot easier that the half yearly, or do i get scaled or sumthing, ppplllleeeaaaassseeee help, i thought a UAI of 65 was easy, i hav been workin pretty hard and would probably would buy a conaoe and just start paddling for the horizon until i got eaten by a shark witha UAI of 55. HHHHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah but dont forget that these are raw marks, so by the time you finish your HSC, your marks wouldve been much higher than you thought because those marks will be aligned.
the ranks are quite decent, but seeing as youre doing 10 units, you need to do well in every subject if you want a good UAI.
you have to do well in IPT, because the scaling there is shithouse....same goes for general maths and std english
i think if you can keep them up, then you could probably get 75+

ladberry

HSC
-----------------------------mark(% i think)-----------year rank

Standard English: --------------71- -------------------7/36
General mathematics ----------73 -------------------9/56
Chemistry------------------------ 58 ---------- ---------4/16
Physics ---------------------------78 --------------------3/15
information processess
& technology --------------------71 --------------------7/18

this is a better way of setting it out if you misinterpreted.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
do you have any idea what your rank is overall...like from all the assessments that have been completed to date?
that would give us a better idea on where youre heading instead from going on half yearly results

williamc

HSC
noir. said:
i tell you why you get 55. All your marks [except std. english] are below state average. You need to boost them up to get a better Uai
You have no idea. Those marks posted are raw assessment marks, they are insignificant! The raw marks get moderated, and therefore will change. If you can boost your ranks a little more, and do well in the hsc exams 75 UAI is achieveable.

backstreet51

definitely maybe.
HSC
I'm disappointed with SAM too. I put 80 in for all my subjects, just to see, and it said I'd get a UAI of 68.something.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
dont take SAM or any other indicators seriously....they are merely used as a rough guide on what you get
there are plenty of time to do well and get the UAI you need

HSC
N/A
Ahahaha.

Sorry. You can always lie about marks if you're disappointed with predictions. There's certainly nothing else you can do to change them till the next assessment.

morganforrest

HSC
I wouldn't worry too much about what SAM says...Your internal exams aren't really any indication of what you'll get as you have no idea how hard/easy they are compared to the hsc exams. That's why they moderate the marks. Have a look at the HSC papers and you'll probably find them to be a lot easier than your internals i certainly did. As long as you maintain a pretty high rank and know the subject matter then a 75 UAI is certainly possible

ladberry

HSC
Those marks posted are raw assessment marks, they are insignificant! The raw marks get moderated, and therefore will change. If you can boost your ranks a little more, and do well in the hsc exams 75 UAI is achieveable.
im sooo relieved, im aiming for low 80's, planning to step it up and get in the top 5 in every subject. thanx ppl.
xx

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
noir. said:
i tell you why you get 55. All your marks [except std. english] are below state average. You need to boost them up to get a better Uai
what are the averages anyway ? can you post up a link please , noir =)

N

noir.

williamc said:
You have no idea. Those marks posted are raw assessment marks, they are insignificant! The raw marks get moderated, and therefore will change. If you can boost your ranks a little more, and do well in the hsc exams 75 UAI is achieveable.
oh plz i already know that. But say his final mark after moderation and the lot is below state average, then yes, he will get scaled down.

williamc

HSC
noir. said:
oh plz i already know that. But say his final mark after moderation and the lot is below state average, then yes, he will get scaled down.
I heard somewhere that marks don't get scaled to a bell curve anymore. But yer if her/his final hsc mark is below state average, thus meaning she is in a lower percentile, thus a lower UAI. But the point is that those marks are raw, and could end up being above state average meaning a higher than predicted UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)